Mar 20, 2008

Enough Already

Do I look like the type of person who has nothing better to do than deal with freaking insurance companies all day in order to get claims processed that are eligible for payment, but have not been paid because some dumbass somewhere did not follow through on something that would subsequently throw my claim out the window and render me responsible to make payment on something that should have been paid by the insurance company who happily cashes in on my premium payments each and every month?

whew.......

Now that all of my medical accounts have been fully processed and paid, the dental insurance company has decided to reject my claims.... WTF

Immediately, I called them up to get the scoop. They remarked that I had not fulfilled my pre-existing conditions time period and was not eligible for full coverage until April...

ME: huh, pre-existing time period, but I thought as long as I had prior coverage...

THEM: Yes, If you had had prior coverage, we would have waived the pre-existing time period, but because you did not, you have to.......

ME: Huh, I have had dental insurance for yeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrsss. Just go check out my Dentist's new boat.....

THEM: We have no record of that....

ME: Can I fax you a copy of my previous existing dental plan..... blah blah blah......


So, I called up my prior insurance carrier and they agreed to send me a copy of the dates that I was indeed covered by their plan...

Thankyouthankyouthankyou

But when I got home, the letter they had sent me had the wrong dates..... I was covered by them from May of '04 until August '07..... The dates of the letter showed I was only covered August '07 thru Nov '07.....Which of course does not satisfy the requirements to have the time frame waived.....


I was no longer employed by the company who had the policy on me, so how could I have been covered until November...?

Needless to say, I have in one hand a letter showing that I am indeed qualified to have this claim paid, and in the other..... an invoice for $800 dollars..... Due to past experience, I think I had better go get the check book out and make a payment.....

2 comments:

Digital Fortress said...

Ugh, too much hassle. Your probably better off whipping the ole checkbook like you said.

maddie said...

i hate insurance companies.

except geico. they rock. but medical insurance companies suck the big one.