Mar 15, 2008

Now, That Makes Me Feel OLD...

I was out on the town today running a few errands, and there was this gift card burning a hole in my pocket. The card is from a store that I never shop in and I have had the gift card for months.


So, before I forgot I even had the thing, I thought I should use it up.


I stumbled around for what seemed like hours searching desperately for just one item that I would be willing to cart home with me when out of nowhere, there stood this display before me. And upon this display.......


Vintage Rock-n-Roll T-Shirts.


Most of them I would have truly considered to be vintage Rock-n-Rollers, mostly bands from the 70's. But there were a few that I did not think belonged in the vintage category. But hey, could just be me, right?


So, I picked up my found treasure and ventured towards the register. When the darling little cashier rang up my purchase, she exclaimed, " Wow, that is a cool T-Shirt". To which I replied, "And a great concert, too" Then she just looked at me.


That is when I realized that the concert I had attended probably occurred before her birth, and the original T-shirt worn out before her first steps were taken....


Damn, I feel old!!

3 comments:

Digital Fortress said...

Tell me about it...you know you’re old once the songs you grew up with start being announced as "classic rock" on the radio.

Ah, screw em'! What do they know?

I'm still young damnit!

maddie said...

hahah. that totally happened to me last week. i was talking to a colleague about a bad sitcome from the 80's (227) and he said he wasn't even born yet. he was born in 1990! holy crap!

Terry said...

DF, me too! dammit

Haq haq haq Shell.... I remember hating that show.. ewwwwww...