Mar 8, 2008

In Like A Lion.....Crazy March Weather

We are all familiar with the old adage, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.



This week when I returned home, I set out to try and get in a few more miles. When I reached my jogging trail, I was shocked to find whole trees toppled over across the pathway. What was even more astonishing were the large portions of the landscape that had simply moved.... There were at least three trees that had broken off near the base and landed over twenty five feet from where the stump protruded from the ground. So, I asked around and yes, there were a few tornadoes that swept through Alabama last week.



Huh, the Bama border is over 30 miles to the west. What about here? Well obviously there must have been some extremely high winds in the neighborhood.



As far as the temperatures were concerned, my entire week was spent in 60 degree day time temps, even in Massachusetts. Fridays highs were 68 in my little community. So, here it is, Saturday morning and what to my wondering eyes should appear, a tiny little dog pooping not 5 feet from my doorway.



But that is a separate topic. Looking past the pup, I notice that it is SNOWING! Not a heavy snow promising accumulation, but still flurries none the less. I had laughed yesterday when I received a text biding me to "Come get snowed in with me". It doesn't snow in Georgia, and when I received the text, it was 65 degrees in the late afternoon. But alas, IT IS SNOWING.



Toady's high is suppose to be forty something, and the rest of the week......well, the highs will be back in the sixties.



Seems like Old Man Winter is putting up a fight! But the good news is that after last weeks deluge, my little pond is back to full capacity!

No comments: