Mar 29, 2008

Another Great Start .....

With much fear and trepidation, I am getting ready to head out for my local deliveries.


First stop is a mere 850 miles away. Total trip is 2500 miles.


Normally, I have nothing to fear, but this week I was informed that one of my wheel seals is leaking...


Oh BOY!!


They never told me which one and how bad it is leaking... I asked three times, sent an email and also a text.....


If only I knew, and let's hope I don't figure it out in an obvious way, like with flames shooting out of my axle, like the last time.


If it has just started leaking, I will have no problem running my route... If it has been leaking for awhile, then who knows when it might catch on fire. And that scares the crap out of my. Not because of my genuine concern for the safety of other motorists, but because I do not want to be the one to decide how much stuff I can chunk out of the truck before she goes up in flames (worse case scenario). And I have seen Big Trucks burn to the ground because of a leaking wheel seal. Because I am sooooo paranoid about break-downs, I am sure I will notice the fire long before it becomes a major issue.


I am sure you are probably wondering why they don't just fix it. Right?


Our mechanics are not allowed to do any repairs on these trucks simply for the fact that our company bought 45 Big Lemons. Therefore, Volvo will fix everything under warranty. Yes, there is a Volvo Service shop here in the Atl, but once again, we are not allowed to use them either. WHY? Because they will start on a repair and then delay finishing it for up to a month. Therefore, I am required to find a service shop en route. No problem, if the damn thing doesn't catch on fire before then... There are several en route... There is one in Edison, NJ (hey, maybe I could stop and see Lioux) and also another in Avon, MA.


So, with much fear and trepidation, I will begin my journey towards New England. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Here is some luck and I'll let you know if I smell any smoke from here.

Liöüx said...

Yikers!!!

Good luck with this run!

And totally. If you're ever in NJ we could totally meet up!

I think I'm only, like, 20 minutes from Edison.

Fun Fact:

I'm also originally from New England!

Sally said...

That is totally insane! If they're lemons, why can't you just get new ones? I can't believe some of the crap you have to put up with.

I hope you have a SAFE trip. I'm glad you keep an eye on all that stuff, so you notice it right away.

Digital Fortress said...

Sounds like a bunch of Catch 22s in full effect. Sheesh!

Good luck and be safe!