Mar 22, 2008

Want To Help Lower Gas Prices?


It is really a simple idea, and one that could potentially work.


We have all heard the plans and may have even participated in the "Don't buy gas on a certain day" routine.


But how about this idea... Everyone stops buying gas from the top Oil Company....Exxon Mobil.


That way, you are free to continue purchasing the much needed gas that is required, but if we select one major company to stop purchasing from, will they not be forced to lower their prices?


I had received a suggestive email asking that everyone do this, stop buying Exxon Mobil until they reduce prices back to at least $2.00. I don't know if it would work, but considering you still have plenty of other options to chose from, why not boycott Exxon Mobil?

4 comments:

Sally said...

It might just work! I wonder if Exxon Mobile owns some of the local places I go to?

Terry said...

Hee hee Sally.. I don't believe I have purchased Exxon Mobil in years, but I am still trying to spread the word....There has to be some loyal Exxon customers willing to help out , right?

Mike said...

I haven't bought their stuff in a while. I wasn't happy how Exxon handled the Alaska oil spill way back when. So I quit shopping there back then and I just never went back.

I don't even hit up the Exxon/Mobil convenience stores. And that is the ONLY place in Burleson to get Krispy Kreme donuts.

No sirree, just a SACK LUNCH for me!

Love Bears All Things said...

I don't have to buy gas often. Mostly when I make a trip down to Bama. I don't use much at home. But generally I buy mine at Walmart. Jim says it is still a little over $3 a gallon. I almost never buy from the brand names unless I have to. I used to buy it at the one on Jeff Road there near our people but it has been expensive the last few times.
Mama Bear