Mar 21, 2008

I Have GREAT News.....

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance...





Now, I know what you are thinking, but I really did. My renewal came in just a month ago, and I saved an additional $360 dollars a year... woooooo hooooooo!!





As a matter of fact , that now means I am saving a total of $720 per year since the original purchase of the Little Pony Car. Why so high?? you might ask.





Well, it just so happens I had a few restricted lane violations ( I would have had speeding tickets but I have had Amish Folk pass me on the left, so you know what that means... S L O W T R U C K) But over the course of the past few years (with no additional new violations) these penalties have been slowly disappearing from my MVR.

But then.......

dramatic pause

on Wednesday morning I awaken in Clinton, New Jersey and began my journey home. In Allentown, PA, there is a steep ascent with an entrance ramp to the Freeway about mid-way to the top. Now, I really do not want to get started in on Stupid Truckers, but let's just say that the ignorance levels are increasing rapidly.

There are two Big Riggers who have just entered the roadway at the extremely low rate of 30-35 mph. One of the drivers maintains the right lane, while the other merges into the center lane. Of course, there is one lane left available to motorists at this point... The Forbidden LEFT LANE.
I am, at this point, at cruising altitude (67mph) and instead of slamming on my brakes and becoming hostile, decide to opt for making the pass in the NO ZONE... As, I crest the incline, I notice Blue Lights. And, they are after me!! Dammit, I was not in that stinkin lane for more than 5 seconds!!!!

While the Officer takes my information and returns to his vehicle, I sit listening to Stupid Truckers give the play by play of what is going on with me.....They agree that He must be waking me up and fining me for sleeping on the Freeway Ramp.

Now, I have seen quite a few Big Trucks parked on the ramps, camping out for the night. But not me!! I have witnessed too many accidents involving a motorist ramming the back end of a sleeping Big Rigger, not knowing it is parked! In fact , the last incident involved a coroner and 30 foot flames.... Once again, not for me!! But as I have indicated before, ignorance is running rampant!!

Upon returning to my window, the Occifer states that he is going to 'cut me a break'. He has issued me a citation that does not carry any points and will not affect my auto insurance. (Right, the last guy told me that also, as my rates soared) The Fine itself was a mere $25.00, but after adding in all the fees, my total quickly became $108.00... Actually, not too bad for a Left Lane Violation.

So, I am curious to see whether my rates will increase the next go-round, but for now, I will happily pay my reduced premiums....

2 comments:

Sally said...

Why oh why don't I encounter more truckers like you?? I get the ones who are going 36 mph and they jump in front of me to pass the truck going 35 mph. Grrr.

I'm glad you only got the lower violation...tell that cop to go after the real jerks out there and leave you alone!!

Terry said...

Believe me Sally, I share your grief !! The 36mph truck is the reason I got the ticket!!