Sep 1, 2006

Great Balls of Fire

Well, okay I overslept. Happens to the best of us. Up at 5 AM. Still got a good jump on rush hour in the greater ATL. I was a little leary when I got to work this morning and noticed the mechanics had been tampering with my truck. (plenty of prior incidences to justify this state of nervousness, you will just have to trust me!!).

So 45 miles into my journey, I notice that traffic is avoiding me like a plague. Lo and Behold, I am a rolling ball of smoke. Needless to say I had absolutely no problem merging onto the shoulder of the road. Once stopped, I check for the source of the "situation" and was just in time to witness 3' flames erupting from my axle. 1 fire extinquisher and 2 fire trucks later, the diaster had been averted. Yes, you guessed it, this morning I WAS THE REASON GA 400 was backed up.

10 Hours later I arrived safely at home. Load undelivered, Truck unrepaired. And all of this because I was doing a favor for someone else.... Who says it pays to be nice???

Highlight of the day- I decided to drop the car off for a quick balance and rotate. two and a half hour wait, no thanks. I decide to leave it and walk home ( only a 20 min vigorous walk) Upon arrival at the humble abode, but who should I see. Why, its the cute single guy from upstairs.
Here I am in work uniform, covered in extinquished soot and grease, hair in knots and a healthy glow from the walk. Not my most attractive moment. But we exchange pleasantries and I even learned the dogs name, "FRED".

Believe it or not, it actually wasnt such a bad day!!!

No comments: