Dec 4, 2007

Forecasts.......

Every week before I leave out on my journey I always check the weather in a few major cities along my route... (Okay, not every week, but every week during the winter, and Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, winter is here!) I have been snowed on three times already.


So.. This week when I checked, the forecast called for lots of freezing rain and ice pellets on Sunday. Yeehaw! Now, as much as I claim to love the snow and frigid temperatures, I am very cautious when the word ICE is present.


Lucky for me, I never made it to the ice, but after torrential downpours much of the day and 50 mph gusts of wind, I did discover that my truck leaks. Not your garden variety leaks like I have have been complaining about since receiving this little jewel of a machine, but rather........ a continuous steady stream of rain water pouring into my floorboard...coming off of my clutch pedal.


Monday was uneventful weather wise as well, but I did get more reports of potential snowfall, and it did snow for a moment last night while snoozing in Queens.. But no accumulation whatsoever. The forecast for the remainder of my week calls for something like 18 inches of snow... YAY!!


Remember snow is good....ICE is bad.... but for now, I am only here to share a beautiful sunrise with you, so enjoy!


This is my morning in the Bronx!!

6 comments:

maddie said...

so pretty. and skybluepink, too!!

Love Bears All Things said...

J is in Michigan. He said he had snow on his car this morning but it was the powdered variety and he just brushed it off. I never knew about this until we live in Pittsburgh. Most of our snows there were like that. I loved it.
I hope you see snow but don't have any icy road conditions.
Mama Bear

*~*Cece*~* said...

You need to drive in CA. No ice! lol

Beautiful picture!

AtHomeDaddy said...

Nice picture. I love your pics from the road.

Terry said...

I knew you would love it Shell!

Mama Bear, The snow did not actually arrive until I was heading home.... I did run into about 150 miles of snowy roads, but with very little ice.

Cece, Um, I have driven in CA and it is a Communist state as far as BIg Trucks are concerned... I think I will stick with the ice, because DOT in CA is brutal.. :)

Thanks iMike.....I have thought about doing some Google Earth posts about the places I deliver....What do you think??

Anonymous said...

decades ago, when i used to haul hazardous waste, we would deliver liquid waste to abandoned missle silos in Idaho from Portland. my first trip to the dump site, which was a hundred miles from nowhere, i decided to make the 10 hour drive arriving there at about midnight, get a good night's sleep, unload and deadhead back to portland. well, it rained all the way there. i had never driven this truck in the rain before. it was a pete conventional that used to be a daycab. when they put the sleeper on, they forgot to install the boot between the sleeper and the cab. so much for a good night's sleep...