Dec 28, 2007

Sucker Punched.....Yikes

It has been so nice being off from work these past ten days. The time spent with friends and family was definitely delightful. But honestly, I am ready to get back to work.



Now, If I had a mini-vacation planned then I would appreciate the fact that the Boss Man just called and told me that I would be off an additional eight more days. I know originally, I posted that I would be off two weeks, with no pay, but that original game plan had been changed. We had the option to work the 3 days after Christmas.... The potential for income on those three days was not enough to merit coming home early from my Bama excursion. So, I opted for two days holiday pay, and 3 days partial unemployment. We had also been told that it would be back to business starting with deliveries on Jan 2nd.



So, I fully expected to climb into my Truck on New Year's Day and get to it.



Kapow.... oh this hurts.....



I just received a text, asking if I wanted to be off next week as well. WOT?! Feeling confused, I called the Boss Man and jokingly remarked, "I did not know next week was optional, ha ha ha?!"



Turns out it is. You see, all the larger runs were taken by those who have more seniority, That leaves a Chattanooga and three Atlanta runs, which would be merely okay if I could run all four of them. But I am only able to choose ONE. And just so you know, none of those deliveries would earn even $100.



Oh Dear, I was definitely not prepared to be off for eighteen days. Looks like I better go stock up on the saltines and bologna...



I know it sounds like a lot, but I would have only worked eight of those days had it not been a holiday. And out of those eight days, I am actually receiving three days of holiday pay, and am also eligible for 7 seven days of unemployment....

But why look a gift horse in the mouth. Hey, now I can get caught up on everything on my To Do list.....Any body need any chores done??

2 comments:

maddie said...

oh, no. that really sucks. being off work is only good when you WANT to be off work and usually when you are getting paid for it, too. i'm sorry this happened. well, at least you get to sleep in your nice warm bed for a few extra days...

Mike said...

Sorry to hear about that.

But you could swing out here and The Boss Lady has plenty of chores to keep both of us busy.

How are you at pushing a vacuum cleaner?