Dec 14, 2007

The Best Ski Season in Years



Yes, boys and girls, I do believe that we are in for one very snowy winter season this year. And truthfully, it is long overdue. The past few years, the northeast has not experienced a normal winter season. For example, Virginia (yeah, I know, not considered to be in the northeast; but, it is still on my route) only received a total of 4 inches of snow last year.. The average snowfall for Virginia during the winter months is 24 inches. Also, the NYC to Boston portion of my route did not experience any winter weather until late in January last winter.




Well, New Hampshire is predicting the best ski season in years and with well over 8' of snow having already fallen in the mountainous regions, I would have to believe they are correct.




So I talk to my Father today and he asks about next week's trip.....




Yes, I am going on my regular run.




No, I have not checked the weather.




After running some errands today, I come home and turn on the Weather Channel..




Holy Cows.... Boston got over ten inches of snow yesterday.... woooooo hoooo!!




And there is more to come over the weekend... I am sooooo freaking excited.. Remember, as long as it is not ice, I have no problem with it... Well, unless of course, there is so much snow that they have to close the interstate down, but New England is excellent at keeping their roads drivable.




I believe my Dad mentioned another NorEaster..... The info I have received so far indicates that I will not hit any wintry mix until Tuesday....




We shall see when we get there......

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Take some winter pics to show us Southerners.
Mama Bear