Dec 26, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.







Mine was just as wonderful as always. I got to spend four days in Huntsville with the brother's family and his in-laws. That is always a treat.







On Saturday night, we went out for an evening without the children in tow. It was a delightful experience, as I got to dress up a bit more than normal.







Sunday we ventured down the road a bit to spend the afternoon with the Mother in Law's family. That was also a treat. I did not have intentions of attending this function, but when I found the Bri-Baby whimpering in a corner, I changed my mind. She told me that she was sad that she had to spend the afternoon away from me. So, I changed my plans and tagged along. It turned out to be quite an experience. My brother and I ended up out in the yard playing tag with about 15 kids.







Monday (Christmas Eve) , I picked my mother up for some last minute shopping (not my fault someone else had already purchased the exact same item) and lunch... There is always a moment or two spent with her and some heart felt topic of conversation... I wish I could do something to put a big smile on her face! Alas, it was par for the course. Monday evening (back at the ranch) after happy hour and a lovely pork tenderloin dinner, we commenced to opening presents. woo hoooo. We finished out the evening playing with the new Wii gaming console.





Christmas Day...... We commenced to playing the Wii again, had breakfast and passed out stockings, to which I have my own hanging on the mantel in Huntsville ( BIG SMILE). G even cross stitched a little reindeer on it for me last year. And then we were off.....





I headed to Russellville, Alabama to visit my oldest brother and his family. There we spent hours bowling and golfing..... (on the Wii) and it was so much fun.. Family time is awesome, and I do not get enough of it. Soon though, very soon!





The next morning (today) I was up at the crack of dawn to head home.





I will actually head back that way Saturday to spend another night in Huntsville before heading to Tuscumbia to have Christmas Dinner at my Father's house.





You know, I felt very loved this week. And it felt really good. So here is my display of the gifts I received this year..





Look !! Two new reindeer for my collection, Thanks Sammie!!

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

It's good to be home, isn't it?
I enjoyed the time we spent together. I'm thankful we have gotten to know each other better. I feel blessed that you are part of our family.
Hope the shirt fit!
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Yes, it did! In fact I wore it today! Thanks again and I feel just as blessed.