Dec 31, 2007

A Time To Reflect

Well, here it is the dusky hours of 2007...

I was just sitting here reflecting on my past year, and the changes that have been made. Where was I one year ago, today.. How has my life been altered?

It hasn't.....

I am in the same position with work that I have been in for several years. Okay, I make a few more pennies. But my point is that I am no closer to being at home every night. No closer to getting off the road... No husband in sight. No pets to snuggle with.

My love life, well, it is in the same dire position that it was a year ago.. No ships sailing in the horizon.

Financially, I may have paid down a few balances, but still do not have the down payment for a house.

It just seems to me that this year yielded no fruit... I am no better off than I was at the end of 2006, with the exception of being more physically fit. And even that needs to be worked on still.

I am not going to post a bunch of resolutions that will go unaccomplished or forgotten by the end of January.... Rather simply, I will acknowledge there are a few things that I need to put more perspective into... Actually work towards some goals and not just state that I am going to do it.

Moving to Alabama in 2008 seems very daunting to me at this moment. The current position I hold right now is the single most consistent thing in my life, and I would be lying if I said it didn't scare the crap out of me to think of giving it up. But I also know this, If I do not give it up and move home, I will be in the exact same situation on New Years Eve of 08...And that my friends, is not acceptable.

I want a home to call my own. I want to sleep in my bed every night of the week. I want to be able to have a pet. I want a yard to plant flowers in. And the only way to obtain all of that is to say goodbye to my beloved NorthEast Route...... I absolutely love that route and all the people I see each and every week.. But I know in my heart, I would love the above mentioned desires even that much more.

Don't look for me to walk away from it in the next month or two, but this is definitely the year it is going to happen.

6 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you! Happy New Year!

AtHomeDaddy said...

It's going to be a good year...

Repeat 10000000000000 times and call me in the morning...

Love Bears All Things said...

Okay, sometimes it is a little hard to see changes in our own life. Think! What about the running and completing those runs. What about the weight loss?
Now just imagine the new people God has waiting for you to meet and interact with when you make the change. You can't grow if you stay stuck in the same rut. Write down those things you want to see change, pray about them and watch them happen.
And one more thing, Why can't you take a dog on the road with you?
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Me too, Sally... Although I can guarantee it won't be as exciting as yours, I still intend to make this one count!!

Still saying it Mike, 10 trillion times takes a lot longer than you think.. Looks like I will be calling around May.. :)

Mama Bear, you are absolutely right. The little things do count, I was just looking at the grand scheme of things. I enjoyed reading your post, and it gave me more perspective.. Thanks!! As for the dog, my company has a no pet policy... and I am nervously excited about the new people who will enter my life this year, because I do identify the rut, and am determined to get out of it this year.... The Big Move will begin the next phase of this wonderful journey we call life.

Sally said...

You never know, Terry...you never know! You might just be surprised at what can happen in a year! =)

Indy said...

7:45 PM
Blogger Sally said...

You never know, Terry...you never know! You might just be surprised at what can happen in a year! =)


Or two! :-)
Hahahaha
You are such a delight that joy will smile upon you some time soon!