Dec 29, 2007

Game Called On Account Of PAIN

I Have been doing wonderful on my latest attempt at gearing up for the big run. Yeah, I know, it is 5 months away (no, reason that I should not be ready). Sometimes I get a little rushed and don't stretch as well as I should. Sometimes I don't cool down as long as I should. So, this go round, I decided to do it the proper way and actually get the results I am striving for...

I have streeeeeeetched, and I have cooled down . I alternate running and walking so as not to over do it.

I get to Bama this weekend to spend just a little extra time with the Bro and his Family. We break out the new Wii to play a little friendly game of bowling.. See, last weekend, while playing against Asti Spumanti, I finally developed a technique that guaranteed a strike every frame... I wanted to show off my new form....Instead, on the first roll of the first frame...

I pulled my hamstring!!!!

Seriously pulled it... The Bri-Baby has to help me in and out of my shoes and I have learned to hobble with grace and finesse in the past few hours.... The muscle is screaming from the butt all the way down through the back of my knee, but what is feels like is someone played a good round of frogger on me arse.

I even brought all my running gear so I could continue my efforts while out of town, but I think I am going to have to pass for now....

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Maybe you started out your training a little too fast. Your body had to stop you somehow.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Right again... We all know that I can push myself to do the entire 5 miles... So, I have decided to cut back to 3, adding another mile with every new month.. I should still be ready for my big run in May!!

Anonymous said...

pulled a hammy playing a video game? ok, now i've heard it all...