Nov 29, 2007

Let It Snow......ETC

Lets just pretend for a moment that it is Sunday, November 18th 2007.


Not too far of a stretch, unless you take into consideration that it is snowing like crazy in Pennsylvania.... Huge white flakes coming down hard and fast. Luckily for me, it only lasted for a hundred miles, as I am not prepared for winters early arrival just yet. And neither are the other motorists. For some strange reason, it seems to take people a few good snow storms to readjust to driving in those conditions. So for tonight, we are traveling at speeds of 45 mph on the interstate.....because we (and I mean the people in cars) are scared.






I have said it before and I will say it again.. I absolutely love frigid weather. It invigorates me to no end. But it seems like Old Man Winter just left a short time ago... Okay, so maybe it has been seven months since the big NorEaster blew through New England, but last winter the snow did not start falling until January or February.. An extremely dry winter along my route. It just seems too soon.






On Monday, we got a light dusting in Hanson, Massachusetts.






On Tuesday, we were hammered with pillowy white precipitation in Waterbury Connecticut.






So, that is three snowfalls in three days in three states.....






Looks like winter is here Boys and Girls.... And I think it is going to be a harsh one, but that is just my opinion.




Oh, and just because I feel I need to remind people that as long as there is water coming off of the tires....... the road is not frozen or icy. So, just because your windshield holds ice or snow, does not mean you have to fear black ice. Therefore there is no need to drive 40 mph down the interstate just because it is snowing....Over-reacting is sometimes much worse than not reacting at all... Remember this........


The driver of this car over reactted and WHAM, I smacked him.... Even the State Trooper asked this fellow why he slammed on his brakes.....



"um, i over- reacted!"





3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm sorry but I am one of those people who hates to drive in snow and ice. I know the roads are different in the north because the road crew gets out there and puts sand and cinders on before the stuff gets there. I however, grew up where they had no road equipment for snow.
But how nice for you, to get to experience all kinds of weather and I bet that big old truck is so heavy there's no problems.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Your absolutely right.... The folks up north are prepared in advanced and have the roads treated before the first flake ever falls...At least in New England... Further south, they patiently wait with snow plows and salt trucks..... But in the heart of the south.... they scratch their heads and worry about pulling cars out of ditches...I am thankful it doesn't snow a lot in the south, because most Southerners do not know how to drive in it...

Anonymous said...

nice job! looks just like some of MY handiwork!