Dec 20, 2007

Into Everyone's Life a Little Snow Must Fall


With every one calling me this week, I was a tad bit concerned about the impending NorEaster that was blowing through my route this week. And blowing through is right.... The only real effects I felt from this weather marvel was the gale force winds. For two days, I was beaten and battered with winds raging at 50 mph. To watch the flow of traffic, you would have thought that everyone was drunk, especially the truck drivers. Maintaining lane position was extremely difficult.


Although I never got into the falling snow and ice, I did stumble across the remains of the storm, and was quite pleased with what I found.




It took me two days to find the snow. But on Tuesday Morning, I found it. While there was very little evidence in New Jersey and New York, Connecticut was still displaying it's first snow of the season. This was taken five days after it fell in Stratford, Connecticut.


Although the roads and parking lots had been cleaned very proficiently, there still remained issues with my deliveries. Such as this one, the snow plows pushed the snow in front of this storage container. This container houses the forklift used to unload my flatbed. No hopes of getting it out, so we had to hand unload 1000 pounds of metal in 20 degree weather. Thankfully it was only a half ton. Some of my customers receive up to 10 tons per week.






Just a word of advice



Don't Eat the Yellow Snow!!


Moving on to Glastonbury, CT. This picture gives you an idea of just how much actually fell during the storm. The mound is from the the activity of the snow plow, but the snow beside the pick-up remains untouched.



Here I am in Taunton, Massachusetts. Once again, the area I am sitting on is normally the same level as the parking lot itself. I could just play in this stuff for hours, but no one would play with me! What a waste, could have been an excellent snowball fight!


I did realize that I must have extremely thick blood, because I do not seem to fell the cold. I was very comfortable in just my little red sweatshirt, but the employees here were bundled up and still complaining about the frigid temps.


Next stop, Providence, Rhode Island. I threw this photo in just for kicks.


Look familiar? It does to me. Two nights before, I had a dream involving this scenario, and yes, there was a gaping hole in the ground just in front of the track hoe. No!! I did not climb down into this one!! Although the workers were cute and could have used the coffee, I had to refrain.




Ahhhh, Salem Massachusetts. The far right edge of this mound towered at over 10'.




A better view of Salem.

It is somewhat difficult to snap photos while driving, but this house had capture my attention some years ago. I was finally able to get a pretty good shot, after several attempts in the past year.


Is it just me, or did anyone else not know that The Addams Family was from Salem, Massachusetts? Okay, maybe not! But this house always reminds of the television series!


2 comments:

maddie said...

first, you were warm because of your red hooded sweatshirt!

second, that house in salem is so creepy it's cool! it makes me want to know just what kind of history that house really has!

Sally said...

Oh, you're right about the house! Crazy! Love all the snow...all of ours already melted. =(