Dec 14, 2007

Bring on Christmas..... woo hooo!!

Finally a moment to sit down and blog something.. I have had two hundred posts slip through my fingers, but just couldn't find the time to publish them.

What have I been up to? Well, there has been traveling back and forth to visit with Superman...... And a few trips to Birmingham for various purposes... A weekend visit from my Mother who lives 4 hours away, and basic work obligations.. Needless to say, I have barely had time to sit back and relax.

But this weekend is all mine.....

I have plans to do very little. I have not been in this best of Holiday Moods with several things going on in my life right now.... For example, 2 weeks without work and only 4 of those days merit holiday pay. So, I have been a little stressed over financial matters. Normally, I try to purchase gifts for EVERYONE....and I knew that I would not be able to do so this year, so that made me a little sad....I mean, Christmas is my time.....

When my oldest nephews were little, I would literally bring them a large trash bag full of gifts from all over the country.. Back then, I was delivering in 48 states, and while some of the gifts could have been purchased just down the street, there was something exciting about knowing the gifts came from Montana or Connecticut.... At least they thought so!

Well, my holiday spirit finally kicked in when I saw a must have present for the Bri-Baby..... Instantly it was on.... I decided not to worry about the finances and proceed with Christmas as usual.....

Until..........

I mentioned that last weekend my mother came for a visit. Surprisingly , it was a very pleasant visit. We went to Warm Springs, Georgia and did some holiday shopping. I stopped to hit an ATM. After what seemed to be an eternity, it spit out a receipt stating that the transaction had failed... I then moved on to another machine and grabbed my cash..... But the balance showed that the first transaction HAD PROCESSED...... So, my balance was $200 short.

I called the bank and reported my claim. Then I found out that the ATM had actually reported the error and for some reason, the Bank withdrew an additional $200, instead of reimbursing me. Now, I am missing $400......

They quickly found the second error, and replaced the second $200. But did nothing about the original error..... I called back to check on why nothing was being done...I was told I needed to file a claim and they would check into.

What about the error report the original transaction had generated? Oh, yeah. They forgot about that when they corrected their own mistake. But now they wanted a copy of the receipt showing the failed transaction.... I did not keep it, because no money was dispensed....

At this point, the attitude I was receiving almost felt like they thought I was trying to run a scam on them and get some free cash. I just want my money back.... I still have gifts to purchase, and that particular amount was needed....

Well, it took an entire week, but just about 5 minutes ago, I got a call stating the money had been reimbursed.

So, today.... I am going to finish up my shopping and then tomorrow I will bake goodies all day to put into little holiday gift bags and distribute them to my NorthEast customers..

Oh how I love the Holiday Season....

Oh.... and I love my Bossman too! He gave me permission to drive 50 miles out of route to deliver some goodies to one of my favorite customers that did not make the delivery schedule this week....

5 comments:

Sally said...

I hope you insisted on interest back, too, for that $200! =)

Have a great weekend! I'm glad the bank finally figured it all out.

AtHomeDaddy said...

Glad things worked out with the bank. Boo Hiss on them anyways.

*~*Cece*~* said...

OMG I was freaking out FOR you while reading this post! Don't mess with my money! lol Glad it got straightened out.

I'll be baking next weekend. I'm SO in the holiday spirit right now! Love it!

Love Bears All Things said...

I just hate it when things like that happen. Why can't the world run smooth for at least this time of year.
I'm sure there was a lesson to be learned by someone, there.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Yes, Mama Bear.. The lesson learned was to never use that particular ATM machine again, ever, even though I have used it for over two years with no other difficulties....Grrrrr...