Aug 2, 2007

What A Difference A Day Makes.....

This week was quite a stressful week for me, so before I forget to post, I thought I would share this little tidbit.

Tuesday afternoon, as I was trolling around on I-495 (Massachusetts), I came upon a construction zone. Travelling this stretch of road frequently, I was already aware of the impending lane closures. But for those not-so-frequent motorists, there are several signs indicating the possible delays ahead.

ROAD CONSTRUCTION 2 MILES AHEAD... RIGHT LANE CLOSED

RIGHT LANE CLOSED 1 MILE AHEAD...THRU TRAFFIC KEEP LEFT

EXITING TRAFFIC MUST USE CENTER LANE.....

RIGHT LANE CLOSED AHEAD....USE CAUTION..... MERGING TRAFFIC AT EXIT RAMPS

To me, it was all very clear... There are 3 lanes. The right lane is closed... The center lane has access to the exit/entrance ramps and thru traffic should stay to the left to avoid the heavy merge.... 2+2=4

For others, well I can only assume that 1.) They cannot read 2.) They were not paying attention or 3.) They assumed the signs did not pertain to them ?!

So, upon sighting the first construction sign, I ease into the extreme left lane. Traffic begins to slow as we near the ramp. I adjust accordingly. The right lane is closed off and the center lane comes to an abrupt halt.

The left lane is however, moving fine. Albeit at 25mph, but still moving just the same.

Being the considerate Trucker that I am, my eyes are now trained at the left corner of each vehicle, searching for turn signals.... Several cars take advantage of my generosity and merge into the left lane in front of me.... One by one, I passed 10-15 Big Trucks stuck in the center lane, but no turn signals, so I keep going.

As I near the end of the congested area, my CB radio comes alive..

" I really EFFING appreciate that Averitt!!! Don't think I will ever do any f**king favors for you, you inconsiderate B*t*h..." there were a few more choice words that were said, but you get the idea

ME: Excuse Me? I am sorry, if I would have seen your blinker, I would have let you out.

ASSHOLE: Well, maybe you should get some f**king glasses, what are you $%^$% blind? GD stupid c*#%...!!

ME: Well, I did not see your blinker, but I think if you would have been paying attention to all the road signs posted for the last 2 miles, maybe you would have merged into the left lane and not been trapped in that lane...Or are your glasses broken??

ASSHOLE: F#@* YOU B*T@H!!!

RANDOM TRUCKER: Excuse me, but your blinker is not working on your trailer, so she did NOT see it buddy!

At this point, Asshole Trucker had nothing else to say.Period!

But the story does not end here, Oh NO!!

The next day, as I was heading west thru New York, I pulled into a rest area to use the restroom. When I returned to my truck, I noticed Asshole Trucker was parked right beside me.

As I was leaving, he began another conversation with me... This time a whole lot friendlier.. "You thought you would get away didn't you? Where ya heading? You sure are a cute little thing. Give me a minute, and I will run with ya..."

My only response at this point was..... " Um okay, but hurry up and I will save you a freaking spot!! ASSHOLE!!"

Oh yeah, they are some real winners out there... I cannot wait to get out of trucking!!

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

The answer to 1,2 or 3 is 3 I guess. It happens to me all the time. I can't believe these people rush up to the front and want in. That is what causes the traffic jams.
I'm sorry you had to listen to that trash but you kept your cool.
Mama Bear