Jul 27, 2007

Jackpot.....

During the last several years, I have become friends with quite a few of the customers I deliver to on a weekly basis.

They bring me food in the mornings, work late to accommodate my needs and occasionally offer a vehicle to me to allow me to site see while in town (kind of hard to get around in the Big Rig). And several of them how even offered to take me out on the town after work...


Over the course of the past few years, I have also accumulated quite a collection of company logo'd T-shirts....


I have asked the current employer for extra shirts, so I could pass them out to the customers in the NE... They would not oblige me.... I also asked the Alum Co the same request, but they only sell them twice a year, and are usually out before I get home...


This week, while taking care of new employer business, I stumble upon a side walk sale at the Alum Co... Of course, they had no T-shirts (duh) but they did have Igloo Coolers with the company logo. On sale for $1. YEP a whole BUCK...


I was told not to purchase one (slang for The Alum Co is going to GIVE me one).. So instead, I purchased 12 of them.... For $10.00.





Why would I purchase the last remaining case, you might ask....





So I can give them to all the wonderful customers in the NE who have been so kind to me throughout the years.!! I am sooooo excited to be able to do this, I only wish they had more.



As, I was leaving, several of the Alum Co employees asked why i had purchased an entire case. Thinking nothing of it, I answered the question and was on my way.



Word gets around fast.... I returned to the Alum Co an hour later to begin the clean-out process of my truck. (only one more week!!) And before I left, the new boss called me in his office... He told me how proud that everyone was of me to think of those customers up north. To purchase with my own money, gifts for their clients.. Hey , No problem, those guys are very good to me!



So he reimbursed my $10.00 and magically found another case of coolers. He donated those to my cause and said that this gesture would be on the New Employer. He also told me how glad he was to have someone like me on his staff.



Homer never acknowledged I even could drive a truck...



I think I am gonna like my new boss!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Yeah for Terry. I wonder what Homer would say?

Love Bears All Things said...

I think that's great! Sounds like you have some very nice people to work for now. Too bad they did't have shirts but they might not have worked for everyone size wise so at least this way you can give everyone someting they can use. I know you will be sad to say goodbye to these customers. Maybe a little thank you note with the coolers would be nice.
Mama Bear

lioux said...

Cool. I hope you like your new job!

maddie said...

what goes around, comes around, my dear. sounds like you're starting your new job just in time!