Aug 30, 2007

The New Truck

Finally got the new truck after 3 weeks of waiting and I must say it has the most delightful riding experience.... I told those idiots the old truck had suspension issues!! Now, I know for sure that I was right... This one is a dream.




So, for one last time.... I give you the old truck, just for comparison purposes...







And Maggie...The New Truck! I will explain that one in a bit!









Maggie is a bit smaller but she rides like a dream. She has lots of cool features also. There is an APU unit which provides a/c and/or heat along with enough electricity to run a medium sized microwave. Otherwise, I would have had to spend close to $200.00 for an inverter to run my electrical supplies.... She has lots of gauges ... lots and lots of gauges... She can tell you water temp, oil temp, outside air temp, rear axle temp, front axle temp, p.s.i on the suspension when loaded, time, mileage, distance, gallons until empty, mpg. Maggie will also tell you with remarkable skill what direction she is heading and you can't fool her... She will even give you the EXACT latitude and longitude of your whereabouts, updated every 30 seconds. Maggie is smooth and very quiet!! She has her own CD player, which saves me another hundred bucks or so......


I HEART MAGGIE!!


I am sure you are wondering how Maggie got her name, and it is quite simple really....



Maggie is a Texas Truck!! and the first thing that came to my mind was of course, MARGE..... The original Texas Truck!!
But wait , there's more.... Not only is Maggie a Texas Truck, but she also has such a lovely interior color (that will drive me insane in a relatively short amount of time) that no other name would have suited her...





Seriously folks, I know you can't tell by the pictures, but this color is sooooooo bright it is very distracting!


4 comments:

Mike said...

I BIG heart Maggie, too.

Marge is so proud to have the name carry on.

Ginger said...

Yes, but can she balance your checkbook, make dinner reservations, or calculate mortgage rates? Interestingly enough, my Tahoe originates in Texas!

Terry said...

Nah, Ginger.. but she sure does ride smooooooooooth... No more items bouncing off the dash onto the floor, no more broken TVs, no more bruised fruit!!!! Wooooo Hoooo

Anonymous said...

Maggie will be riding smoothly if a suspension lift is installed in it.