Aug 23, 2007

8th Natural Wonder.....

I am completely mystified by a freak occurrence that happened to me on Wednesday, August 22 2007.

I was forced to "lay over" in Central Islip, NY the previous night. My intentions were to get up at the butt crack of dawn and get unloaded. (The customer arrives at 5am, and will unload as soon as he has daylight visibility.) After taking an 16 hour break (which is why I was ranting that day, considering I had a 17 hour break the previous day) I OVERSLEPT!

I did manage to crawl out of my cocoon around 6 and was all set to leave at 7:15. Completely aware of what this 1 hour delay would do to my morning commute, I set forth knowing that it would take a long time to work my way thru NYC.. I was heading to Philly. What should have been a 2.5 hour commute would no doubt become a 4+ hour nightmare.

I managed to make my way West on the Long Island Expressway, over the Throgsneck Bridge, thru the Bronx and across the George Washington Bridge in 52 minutes! Arriving in New Jersey, I continued on at a rate of 60+ mph.... I hit Philly in 3 hours....

This is unheard of.... I don't know what to make of it.... Normally it takes 2 hours just to make it to Queens, to visit Jimmy.... I blew past Jimmy in like 45 minutes...

The only thing I can think of is that it must have been some sort of Jewish Holiday....There is always a noticeable lack of motorists on a Jewish Holiday... I checked my calendar... No!! no holiday!! I still don't know what to make of it... There was a few minutes when I was cruising at 20-25, but that ALWAYS happens when exiting NY. But 52 minutes total... Now that's is Super Trucking!! Wooooo Hooooo!!

5 comments:

lioux said...

OMG!!!

That's AWESOME!

As much as I Love, Love, Love NY, I hate all the traffic that surrounds it.

maddie said...

sign of a true alcoholic: as i read that you were going to get loaded, instead of knowing that you meant to load your truck, i immediately thought of getting loaded in the the other sense. niiiice, shell. real nice.

but i digress. so happy that it only took you 45 min to see jimmy! whoo whoot! and you got a little extra sleep too! :-)

JDizzle said...

WOW a chick trucker! I love it. You go girl.

Terry said...

I know Lioux!! It was crazy wonderful!! Don't expect it to happen again anytime soon!!

Shell....Only 28 more days!!! I am so proud, even if the thoughts do venture thru your pretty little head occasionally..

Hey JDizzle, Thanks for stopping by and waving a hand.. Visitors are always welcome here!!

Mike said...

THAT is the power of Spider/Chicken Foot/Underwear Face Man at work for you.

He can wake you up AND hold traffic at bay while you escape the city.

Nice, huh?