Aug 17, 2007

It Is Just Killing ME..... Isn't It??

I just got off the phone with my new super awesome boss man. Every Friday morning, we do our weekly dispatch and loads are assigned to the drivers. It is a process of elimination. The driver with the most seniority chooses his load first and this progresses to the newest driver taking the last available load.

With Averitt, I was 12th in line. With there only being one other driver willing to brave the concrete jungle, I was pretty well guaranteed the NYC route, my beloved baby!!

With AAA, I am now 7th in line!! Wooo hooooo.

But what is this?! One of the drivers (I believe he is the #3 man) has decided that I am hording the little pot of gold at the end of the George Washington Bridge... That particular route pays extremely well and offers the most home time each week. I ain't no fool. I mean really, you drive one big city, you can face them all. Right?? So, I have absolutely no qualms about running it each week. I have developed some nice friendships with the customers, and that makes it even better.

WELL, JH has decided to cut me out of the action. And he is toying with my emotions over the whole thing. The first week with AAA, he went to the NE.. I was left to fend for myself.. I chose a route which kept me closer to home, but took literally ALL week to finish. Atlanta, Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, Geneva (slight delay for refueling), Atlanta, Dublin..... If only it had been the real Dublin..... The only plus side to this situation was that I was able to stop at My Fathers house and spend the night the week of his birthday! And, yes, we had OKRA!!

During the course of the week, I ran into JH at the Alum Co on Wednesday and he said, "I WILL be taking YOUR run from now until it snows!" Sissy...Of course, no one wants it when it snows!!

Anyhoo, the next Friday rolls around and I was surprised to find that my baby was available....HUH?? I asked the boss what was up with that? He said JH was playing with me! Loser!!

But, here it is.... Friday morning, and JH has once again taken my load away from me. I hope he has a difficult time. 2 of the customers stop receiving at lunchtime and take deliveries by appointment only.. I wonder if I should tell him?! Nah!!

***Oh yeah, I failed to mention that during the week that I ran close to home.....One of my Queens buddies finished out his 2 weeks notice. He is moving to OHIO.. I did not get to say goodbye! *sniff~sniff* I did not get to take him his farewell gift....That made me sad!! So, au revoir, my lanky ninja friend.. You were the best boyfriend I never had... He always brought me candy on Valentine's Day.....

***Also, if you master one big city, it is not true that you can brave all of them..While I do heart the grandest of all Big Citys, you could not make me go to Chicago.... I will end up in the fetal position after a massive panic attack if you try to send me to the Windy City. I watched someone get killed there a few years ago, and have no desire to ever go see that road again.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Missed you while you were absent. Glad that it is going well! Looking forward (still) to that visit in September if not before!

Mike said...

Hitch a ride to 'Bama on the Thurs/Friday before the weekend that Rick and I go camping. You know you want to see me!

Terry said...

Yes, I do... Someone send me the actual dates and I will be there!!