Aug 17, 2007

I NEED Your Help!

Okay this post is for all you ladies out there who have knowledge of hair and beauty supplies.



Recently, I got my hair trimmed and colored... I love it, except next time I think I will go darker.



When styling it, the straight look works very well for me, except it takes at least an hour and a half to accomplish this look. And it is easy to maintain, even with the incredible humidity ever present in the great state of Georgia.



The problem is wearing it curly, which it has a massive abundance of waves/curls naturally.



When I first had it colored, I thought there might have been an unforeseen chemical reaction going on... OMG..... the FRIZZ!!!!!!



Even using the products which previously helped tame the wild mane, the frizz is taking over!! I am too ashamed to even attempt posting a picture. So, I wear it straight when I am home. But there is no time when working to calm the coif...



Last week, I stayed over at my Father's house and naturally, I took a shower while I was there... My beautiful curls reappeared with no frizz whatsoever....



So, here is the problem... The county I live in has recently changed it's source for our water supply.... It happened the week I had my hair done... It appears the water is extremely SOFT...I have purchased a filter to place on my shower head to help out, but no dice!!



I CANNOT tolerate this much longer... I will move my residence if I have to, but before I make such a dramatic endeavor.... Could any of you ladies recommend a styling product that might help me out....



I have used Redken and CHI successfully in the past....



Won't somebody help me, PLEASE!!!!

7 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

Girl, if you could see my hair right now you'd excuse me from this conversation! lol

My hair is naturally curly and I HATE wearing it straight. I don't have the time, patience or arm strength to straighten it.

So soft water is bad for hair? Really? I've always heard people comment on hard water, never soft. Wow, what a trip.

AtHomeDaddy said...

Crew Cut!

Mohawk!

Flat Top!

Terry said...

Cece, I hear ya girl!! I love my curly hair, but I can't tolerate the frizz I am experiencing.. I thought it was a hard water problem, too.. But my Dad's water is hard, and it worked wonderfully! So, I am only assuming this water is too soft.Another reason I believe the filter does not work.

Thanks Mike, Always an option, but I take pride in NOT looking like a typical female trucker..

NEXT......

Ginger said...

I wish I could help. The humidity here has reeked havoc on me, too. I wear mine moused to the nines, though and air dry without picking or brushing after it dries.

Mike said...

Good point that I had not even considered, Terry.

Sizzle Pizzle said...

my hair is naturally crazy but this is what works for me - wash your hair the night before and let it air dry. in the morning, just get it damp, comb through it, and apply some garnier nutrisse frizz cream or just plain old suave conditioner...presto - the frizz is gone and the curls lay uniform and all nice!

p.s. your new myspace pic is HAWT! you are so beautiful!

Terry said...

Finally, I legitimate response... Thanks Siz!!

I was not playing here folks, I needed help!! SIZ ROCKS!!