Aug 21, 2007

Another Day In Paradise...

I am sitting here on my arse in lovely Central Islip, New York....

I am immeasurably bored!!

I thought I should blog....

I have nothing to say!! Although, I am very lucky to be having the internets at the moment, so I hesitate to look a gift horse in the mouth....

My NE route was once again pried from my clutches. But this trip ain't so bad.. I started in North Carolina on Monday, finishing up in Richmond, VA at 12:30 PM.... I spent the afternoon reading and watching movies and napping. Around 9:30, I headed north for Upper Marlboro, MD... (Might as well just call it D.C.) I could not have made the Upper Marlboro delivery any way so I opted for waiting for the traffic to die down a bit... D. C. traffic bites!! So, Tuesday I made two deliveries in Maryland and another in Philly... At noon, I had but one stop yet to complete before I could turn and head home. Raining like "a cow pissing on a flat rock"! ha ha ha... Anyhoo, (see, I told you I was bored) it was storming pretty heavily all day and I made my final destination with 2 hours to spare. HOWEVER, I am being forced to spend the night on Long Island because the customer was unaware I was delivering such a big load and had no room for it.

YEP, shut down at 3PM EST... So what are my options, more reading, another movie???? Sheesh........I will be unloaded at 5:30 AM and headed home... DAMN. I HATE TRUCKIN sometimes!!

No comments: