Aug 21, 2007

Pondering.. and other assorted goodies

Okay, did I mention that i am freaking bored out of my mind... Um, yeah, I guess I did in that last post.

I guess it is probably time to wind it down for the evening...Like I have been busy doing stuff....

But in reference to those Thursday Thirteen posts that some of you are doing, I present to you

TOP TEN Reasons I Hate Truckin

10.) I have to work on Sundays, while others are finishing up their weekends

9.) I drive soooooo much during the week, that I hate to drive when I am home!

8.) I have NO social life

7.) I can't have a puppy.

6.) It is very lonely on the road.

5.) I can't have a puppy.

4.) I have no social life.

3.) I feel sooooo alone.

2.) I want a dog and cannot have one.

1.) Solitary Confinement is driving me mad, MAD, I tell you...

6 comments:

Rick said...

Time for you to move back to Bama!

Ginger said...

It sounds like it is not truckin' you hate but long-distance truckin'. If you could be home every night and worked M-F would you like it? You could still have a dog. You could have a social life. You could live near your mother.(I mean, us. You could live near your brother, wonderful SIL and their two darling children and never be lonely again.) Do I sound convincing?

Sally said...

hmm, I think ginger has a good idea!

Go check out my blog...something over there for you!

maddie said...

ugh. i'm so sorry darlin. my friend and her husband used to be truck drivers and it was really tough for them as well. sure, they had each other on the road, but it was just as tough being away from everyone else, living in their truck or a random motel all week and total isolation from everyone else. and no pets, either.

now she's a stay at home mom and he still drives trucks on a more daily basis. it still is rough as his routes vary and he's so tired of driving by the time he gets home. is there something else that may interest you instead of driving? something that will keep you home so you can get a puppy? and a social life?

Watson Woodworth said...

I'm driving regional for the moment but sadly it's not a region that I live in.

I'd like a kitten but I'm a new driver and I want to see first if I'm too big a knucklehed to be a trucck driver or not.

Terry said...

Well, I am sort of obligated to continue this path until Feb 3, 2008.... Cooper is aware of my intentions and has promised to help me in any way to "get Off The Road"...

Nigel, what ever were you thinking? Get OUT NOW!! J/K. It works very well for some people, and I wish you the best!! P.S. I was up in the Philly/Pocono area myself on the 21/22... Well, passing thru anyways...