Aug 5, 2007

Close Call

I don't know how I forgot to incorporate this little tidbit into my last post, but here goes..

Along with everything else that I am thankful for in the Changing Of The Guard, I am sure most of you are aware that my greatest thrill of all will be the new Truck. I put 250,000 miles on the last one and about 95% of that was under poor conditions. Having multiple computer problems, sensors, lights, suspension, air-ride, flaming wheel hubs, shoddy breaks, and several air leaks that no one could seem to find.

I will have a temporary Big Truck for a week or two until the NEW ( 0 Miles) Trucks arrive at our domicile... Brand Spanking New!! I am sure the temp truck will have its quirks, but it is only temporary. Already I noticed it had no way/where for me to hook up my CB radio.. I hate riding with no communication.. Not that I am partaking of the useless banter that ensues, but it is always nice to know traffic conditions before you drive up on them, especially if there is an accident... I will resolve this somehow.

But my point to this post....

The final week, my truck started having sensor problems again.... Every time I would make a left turn, my sensor would indicate that I had NO COOLANT. As a precautionary measure, the truck immediately shuts itself off under such a warning. So, can you imagine, every time you make a left turn, your vehicle shuts itself off!!! In the middle of traffic, at an intersection, on a ramp, at a dock, whenever, where ever.

Easy enough to resolve... Simply keep coasting, turn ignition switch off, count to ten and restart your motor.....Put back into gear and go.. But after doing this EVERY single time I made a left turn, you can imagine how frustrating it became...

And, OH Yeah, there was plenty of coolant!!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

No CB in your truck cab? That's hard to believe. I know you are excited about the new truck. Be sure and take pictures inside and out when it arrives.

lioux said...

How annoying!

Mike said...

Can I drive the new one?

How about the old one right before you turn it in?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE?

*~*Cece*~* said...

Dude, you totally rock! Can't wait to hear tales of the new car smell! hehehee

Ginger said...

Too busy with "New Guy" to blog, sister?