Mar 27, 2010

# 53

What really gives you the creeps?

You would be amazed to find that not too many things actually creep me out.

As far as the typical spiders and snakes, well, I can tolerate them as long as I can see them. In fact, I may even be so inclined to "study" their behavior, from a safe distance. There was a time a few decades back when I lived in a small home on the riverfront. This house was being renovated and for a short period of time there was a section of flooring that was being replace. This left an open area in which you could see down to the earth below. One day, while clearing this area for further work, I stumbled upon a snake skin that was freshly shed. It came in through the hole and wrapped around the bed post before going back under the flooring. It measured over 7' in length. I guess you could say I was pretty creeped out by that, knowing the snake had been in the house with me at some point, but it was just an ol rat snake. Otherwise, they do not bother me at all, as I have had numerous encounters with snakes in my life.

Blood, guts and gore..Strangely enough, these things fascinate me. I know, I should have been a doctor, right? A few years ago, when I almost severed my thumb, I spent several moments looking into the wound, before actually attempting to administer any pressure. I could see below the skin, into the meat and possibly a portion of bone. Was I concerned about the cut, not really, until I noticed the blood loss. I would have loved to had a few more moments to check out what is under the skin...

However, there is one thing that will absolutely gross me out, almost inciting immediate regurgitation. I want absolutely no part of it. It must not touch me at all. And even just seeing it, will cause me to heave.

That my friends, is everyday ordinary saliva. Spit, drool, whatever you want to call it. Especially baby drool. I will absolutely freak out!! Good thing I never gave birth, huh? And to this day, if I see a person with a glob of spit hanging from their mouth, in the pretense of sucking it back in, I will hurl chunks!! ( I hope that picture is centered because I am having difficulty just posting this)


Well, you wanted to know! Thanks for the question, and for the record, this does not affect my ability to give or receive passionate kisses...Thought you might be wondering about that.

Ask me anything

2 comments:

John II said...

Drool? That what freaks you out, huh? Good thing you don't watch somebody getting their teeth check at the dentist's office. The minute they numb the patient with laughing gas or novicate, saliva comes out of their mouth like Niagra Falls. ;-P

Bonnie said...

LT: I love what John II said!! I love reading what you have to say to the questions you get. I SO needed to laugh, its been a lousey day . . .