Mar 2, 2010

# 42 ~ Anonymous

What did you get in trouble for, when you were a kid?

Are you kidding? I was a little angel.

No really !!

Okay, well, there was this one time.....

I do remember an instance when I was about 4 years old. I was at the grocery story with my mother and couldn't help but notice the package of Grape SuperBlo Bubblegum. It was right at eye level for me, and my inner deviant took over. Knowing that I would not be allowed to have it, I snuck it into my pocket while no one was looking.

Later that evening, the temptation beckoned me to sneak a piece into my mouth. Visualize a tiny little curly mopped munchkin with a wad of bubblegum in her mouth that was big as a golf ball. In no time at all, I had purple juice running out of the corners of my mouth and I was busted.

My penance? Well, Mom proceeded to load me up in the car and drive back down to the grocery store where I was forced to address the Manager and admit my guilt to him. I was terrified !!

I can honestly say that while it was a minor incident in the grand scheme of things, it was definitely a life lesson. You will be happy to know that I have not stolen a single piece of bubblegum since that day back in 1976.

Ask me anything

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

LT: Don't feel bad, grow'in up I lived not 1/2 block from a little Mom/Pop store on the East Side of Queen Anne Hill on Dexter Ave. North. Mom had sent me down there to get some stuff for her, an I came home with a little extra! I was "Promptly" marched back down to the store, by mom trying to stretch her arm & mine out! Got down there had to apologize, which I did, AND THEN for the next week AFTER school there was no playing with neighborhood friends, I went back to the store to clean up an work off what I had taken!! Lesson learned VERY quickly!!

John II said...

Did you get 'time out' or the usual: a spanking?