Mar 27, 2010

# 48 ~ John II

When you were making videos of your road trips and deliveries, did the aluminum company have a problem with it, told you to be professional about it or gave you the OK on it? -John II


Actually, when I first started filming the videos, it never even crossed my mind to get permission. Throughout the YouTube Trucking Community, it seems a lot of people were being reprimanded by their employers for doing the same thing.

One day, I got a message from my boss indicating we needed to talk. Yikes. He alerted me to the fact that he had seen the videos and read the blog. I went into panic mode, thinking I was about to have to delete everything. You can imagine my relief when he said that my videos and blog were not the topic of our discussion. He just wanted to let me know that he enjoyed them.

To this day, I am aware that the Boss, Dispatcher, Mechanics and other Drivers have all read the blog. The videos have been viewed as well, but I also informed the customers of my antics. I have several "followers" whom I conduct business with on a weekly basis, and even they are asking for more videos.

3 comments:

John II said...

Good, you're not in trouble.....yet. ;D I don't think any of us would want be driving down the highway and seeing you stand on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that read: "I WILL SHAKE AND WIGGLE MY TRUCKER'S BUTT FOR MONEY."

Bonnie said...

I am glad that you didn't get in trouble, as I also enjoy reading your blog!!

Terry said...

JohnII "Laughing my ass off" I dont think it would EVER come to having to shake and wiggle for money...but I am very relieved that there were no repurcusions. My lack of posting videos/blogging has nothing to do with "employers"

Thanks Bonnie!!