Mar 27, 2010

# 49 ~ Anonymous

Have you ever seen any ghost out on the road? Or anything strange like that?


I have never personally witnessed a ghost sighting while driving, and except for the occasional drunk driver, not too many weird things have ever happened around me. However, there is one particular stretch of highway located in Alabama that is said to be haunted.

Highway 5, running between Natural Bridge and Jasper, is said to be haunted on dark, stormy nights by a lady who was killed by a truck driver. She was hitchhiking when she was struck by a passing 18 wheeler and now she is suppose to climb onto the steps and look in the cab of any trucks passing through to see if it may be her killer in the drivers seat.

I love this stretch of road. It use to be my favorite two lane to use to get away from the crowded highways. But, sadly enough, I have never seen her. It is a winding highway with curves and hills, and a little narrow with no shoulders.

I do know that there are a lot of truck accidents on this road. I also know that She has been listed in many publications concerning the paranormal. And, there are a lot of drivers who will not travel Highway 5 at night. But, I have not seen her with my own eyes.

Do I believe she exists? Yeah, sure...after all, I lived with a ghost for over a year.

3 comments:

btjohnson83 said...

I have heard some people talking about that stretch of road but have never been on it. Personally, I think I would have to change my drawers if i looked over and sawe a ghost standing on my step. I swear that i saw a white horse running on the shoulder of I20 in Pecos Tx, but no one else saw it... including the dude that i was running team with at the time.

John II said...

Terry, if you ever drove down that highway and the ghost appeared inside the cab of your truck, she probably wouldn't ask you if you're the hit-and-run driver, but she might say this,
"Oh sweetie, I can't believe they make you drive this truck. Here, let me take a quick look at the engine. Okay, everything seems up and running but you'll need an oil change soon and maybe have them service the A/C; summer's almost here. BTW, if you happen to run into TruckerSteve, tell him I don't appreciate the 'Show me your boobs, lady!' bit. And he should give back those pink panties to Rooster. One man shouldn't steal another man's underwear"

Terry said...

btjohnson83 It is a wonderful little cut through, but now that Highway 78 is almost finished from Memphis to Birmingham, it is not used nearly as much. I love it for a different reason...I love all roads that are skinnny, curvy, and "less traveled" Seeing the white horse, or should I say Black Dog?? Bet that gave you a WTH kind of feeling? I have had a few of those moments as well, like the Trooper in Arkansas that was matching my speed on my right side...He was driving down the shoulder of the interstate in the dark beside me. Scared the poo out of me when he finally turned his headlights on and proceeded to pass me from the shoulder.

JohnII You know, I thought I saw Trucker Steve a few weeks ago running through Indiana and he was hollering for Boob Shots...lol