Mar 22, 2010

The Wonderful World Of Disney

Thought I should try to get a few of my photos posted from last weeks vacation. You know, before I forget.


While I thoroughly enjoyed my little adventure into the enchanted and magical realm of Disney, I think I have come away with a valuable realization. I don't ever have to go back. I mean, for the price, I would do just as well purchasing a season's pass to Six Flags because there are only 3 rides that I even care to ride.


First and foremost, when it comes to roller coasters, the Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest was the top choice.

The normal standby time for this ride is 2 hours.....But with a little help from the single passenger queue, I managed to ride to my heart's content. Or, until I was so queasy from the continual G forces. It has a few surprises for the newcomer, such as the twisting and turning backward slide through the darkened mountain. Also, for entertainment value, once inside the mountain, a video is projected onto the rocky wall depicting the Yeti and his brutal attack on the very tracks you are sitting on. Of course, even better than that, is the exhilarating drop and the corkscrew action.


Even though I am a coaster fanatic, I realized very quickly that I can only handle 7 back to back rides. Of course, in a 7 day period, that ended up being a number in the dozens.

Also a treat was the view while climbing to the top. Here you can just barely make out Epcot (to the far left) and The Hollywood Tower of Terror at the Hollywood Studios (formerly known as MGM)

And speaking of the Tower of Terror, that is the best ride of all. Hands down !! I think I could ride that one over and over all day with only food and restroom breaks. But, I do have a little secret for making that ride even more enjoyable. It is an elevator style ride that propels and drops repeatedly at random heights.

There are 21 occupants seated on a single ride, and one of the things that I could not resist doing was my Wicked Witch laugh while proclaiming "I'll get you my pretty" Actually had a few folks believing that was actually part of the soundtrack for the ride. Of course, the room was dark at the time, so no one noticed it was actually me. Got a few screams out of that. Another stunt we liked to pull..after the ride was finished, my brother and I would lean forward and get as close to the elevator doors, so when they opened we could frighten the attendant with loud shrieks. That didn't work so well, as I am sure we are not the only ones to ever do that.



But my favorite stunt of all.....When told to securely fasten my safety belt....I er, um..would scoot forward in my seat before cinching it down. This allowed me more room to wiggle around and play with gravity because me arse had more airtime than those who were properly secured in place.

Then there was the Rocking Roller Coaster. It was actually pretty cool. 0 to 60mph in 2 seconds, and then spiraling and flipping through a blacked out room full of neon signs and objects. But not worth the 2 hour wait.

The food was not as spectacular as I remembered. The walking was even worse. My feet swelled every night and took up to 6 hours to stop hurting, only to wake up and do it all over again. Missed all the fireworks, and the shows I watched were not as brilliant as I had anticipated.

It was great to get away from the truck for a week, but I am equally as grateful to be back at work.




I know you probably expected a better post, but work is calling, so I will include more pictures at a later time *crossing fingers*.

3 comments:

John II said...

Glad you enjoy the week at Disney World. I'm going this weekend to Disneyland.

doomytunes said...

I hate when Vacations seem more like work than work. Which always seems that way when we take the kids somewhere.

Terry said...

Hope you had a great time John!!

Yeah, Doomytunes, I think the next one will be an adult vacation. Gonna try something new, maybe achieve one of the goals on my Before I Die list.