Jul 30, 2009

If You Say So

I managed to complete my week long excursion with very little grumbling. On the way home from my final delivery, dispatch calls and asks if I want to do another scrap run.... Ummm, NO!!


I phone the shop to see if there is any news on Frankentruck.

He is finished and sitting on the yard awaiting my return. This makes me very happy. I inquire as to what exactly what causing the loss of traction and I was told that the Volvo Shop simply replaced the leveling valve.

My shop had just replaced it 2 weeks before. So that is 3 valves in 3 weeks. At first my reaction was to be apprehensive as to whether or not this had actually fixed the problem. But the more I thought about it, the more I was inclined to believe that it very well could have. I have two thoughts supporting the optimistic outlook.

1. Every time the valve had been replaced with another version, the truck continued to ride very rough. This time I was getting a factory Volvo Valve. Not some cheaper off brand model.

2. The last time I had my local shop replace a leveling valve on a different truck, it had to be immediately replaced by another shop because it was a bad valve.

Now I am wondering if the second valves were bad at all, or maybe something is happening to them during installation.

Oh well...So I have a new leveling valve. I have Frankentruck back. I have Maggie's mutilated captain's chair... Life is Sweet.

And for the record, when I say I made it through the week with very little grumbling. I sincerely mean it. All the thoughts and complaints I post on this blog are simply my way of venting my frustrations. I do not make a habit of griping openly to anyone but my closest friends. So, if you had never read the blog, you would have never guessed how disgruntled I can actually become. Don't you feel lucky?

And I realize that those last few posts may have just been a tad bit overkill for my reading public. Sorry about that.

3 comments:

John II said...

No worries, Terry. Well, you got Maggie's seat back, Frankentruck's out of the shop and you didn't want to do a scrap run. So enjoy this weekend coming up. Take a run, relax by the pool, make a video, hang with the family. Be good to do something other than work, huh? Later..:)

Anonymous said...

life is good just smile and wave

Anonymous said...

The past few post were perfectly fine. Everyone needs to do some venting.

Now ... consider yourself tagged. See my blog post:

http://truckintedybehr.blogspot.com/2009/07/getting-to-know-each-other.html