Jul 4, 2009

Update for Gabby

I suppose the rest of you could not really care any less about my running adventures, so this will have to be a post for Gabby. After all, she is my current inspiration. Well, maybe Indy.....I think he pays attention too, and has been inspired a little himself.


So, I had a wonderful day. Absolutely beautiful. Tried out a new running trail which just happens to be only a few miles away. I am so glad I went to that running store and felt inquisitive. They turned me on to alot of information. In fact, the trail I ran today is proposed to be a 40-50 mile circuit meandering through much of the area by the time it is completed. I believe they have 4 distinct sections finished and the one I was on today was a 4 miler (out and back for 2 each way).

I was rejuvenated. The shoes worked very well. I was a little timid at first thinking that with all the pain I had been through lately, maybe I should just stick to walking. But after a 10 minute fast walk, I was ready. The shoes are awesome and felt like I was running on clouds. I never once felt the urge to stop before my predetermined time was complete. In fact , I wanted to keep going. So, I am back on schedule for the program I started several weeks ago. Therefore, I did not continue on, but I am looking forward to my next run, and trying out the other trails.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the shoes are working out for ya. Congrats on the new running trails. I hope the good runs will help you cope with Frankentruck. Be careful out there.

Unknown said...

Oh, that just sounds so wonderful. Love trails, no having to worry about car traffic and so much more to gaze at.

You have a much larger group of followers than I do so don't be surprised if you start getting lots and lots of messages about YOU inspiring others to get moving.

And that just rocks about Indy! woo-hoo!!!!!!

Gabby

Indy said...

Yeah! Except this weekend, Gabby and Terry. Bloody flu hit me for six again .... just can't stop coughing and it is ummmmm "unproductive", and a migraine on top of it! Bugger!

Happy 4th of July to you.

John II said...

Way to go, Terry. You'll need some music to inspire you like "Chariots Of Fire"......or just some heavy metal and alternative rock.

Terry said...

Tedybehr, you would be surprised just how much the endorphines from a good run will help you to forget the everyday stresses that we tend to endure.

Gabby, it is a pleasant change from my neighborhood runs. Follows a creek, winds through a horse farm, very nice. I think it would be great to inspire others to get out and move, I can only hope for messages like that.. Thanks Girl!! you have really inspired me.. Indy tells me that while he is not up to running, he does participate in a vigorous walk every chance he gets.

Indy, so sorry to hear you are under the weather AGAIN...Bugger!!

Thanks John II, you been looking at my music library? I totally rock out while running, but Thanks to you, I now have "Chariots" running through my brain.

Txjerry2 said...

Terry: Congrats on getting back running. I am a marathoner and I hate it when I miss any run. Just be careful out on the trails especially if it involved a southbound run on the Appalachian Trail as you might end up in Argentina....

Have a great day

dgfiskemt said...

Go get'em, Terry!

Enjoy the trails and solitude. Getting ready to start again too.

Take care,
The Kid.

Terry said...

TxJerry2: Hey Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I recently had a run along the Appalachians and it was divine!! Hopefully, I will get back into the swing of things, still trying to figure out the swelling.. Grrrrr.

Hilmar, YAY!! One of the things I am really enjoying about these particular trails, is that they are full of runners. I dont know, but it just feels great to be out there with them, even if I cannot keep up with most. Good luck with restarting your routine :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a running trucker; or trucking runner, so keep up the updates, we like 'em!

Terry said...

Mark,

I am a running trucker, but hopefully will be able to become a trucking runner soon.. LOL Glad you stopped by and left the comment. Just helps to fuel my desire to know people are checking in on my progress. THANKS!!