Jul 23, 2009

Highlights

Afternoon Showers!! But then it does rain everyday in Florida!


To beat the crowds, we headed out early for a little parasailing.


Well, of course you have to leave your mark in the sand...


And yes, we did manage to catch crabs!!


If you look really close, you will notice kayaks!! I spent the entire afternoon OUT in the ocean on a kayak. Too much fun. It was a two person craft, but I had more luck maneuvering it alone! And just for the record, it is best to hit the waters early when the waves are non existent.


Here is the old pier that sustained major damage from a hurricane. While exploring on the kayak, I was able to spot huge jellyfish near the pier AND watched the dolphins playing. They were literally just feet from my vessel. The dolphins, that is.


The view from the balcony!

5 comments:

Indy said...

Now I really AM jealous! Kayaks, fish, mermaids ....... did I say mermaids????? ......

It looks like you really dedicated yourself to having fun.

The Wondering Brit said...

All that fun and no arrest... I'm speachless.
Indy, you need to invite her over to show her the Aussie way of kicking back!

John II said...

But first, come on over to Sunny California and enjoy the weather here. Don't forget your mermaid outfit, Terry.

Gary said...

sand? that looked like snow! i've never been on a beach with sand that white. looks awesome!

Terry said...

TWB...I now realize that I did not maximize the holiday experience!! What was I thinking..

Gary, that is the lovely white sands of the Emerald Coast..