Jul 7, 2009

And Speaking of the Big A

Oh gosh, I hope you did not think I was referring to my beloved New York City....


No, the Big A , I am referring to is Atlanta.

Last week, while cruising around the Watermelon 500, a lively conversation was taking place amongst the Truckers as to just "Why exactly is everybody in such a hurry in the ATL?" You see, while the speed limit is set at 55 mph, there are only about 5 people who actually abide by it. As for the rest, they will run you over.

Of course, everyone had to put their 2 cents worth in. Although some remarks were meant to be humorous, the initial inquisitor was actually quite disgruntled

"...because they are trying to catch their spouse cheating on them."

"...because their spouses' lover will drink all the beer, so they are trying to catch them."

"...because they want to get home and be the first to the mailbox to get the welfare check."

"...because Judge Judy comes on at five."

after a litany of not so clever responses, I casually pick up the microphone and inform the masses that the real reason everyone is in such a hurry in Atlanta, is because the last one in is a rotten egg.

SILENCE

And then the airwaves were filled to capacity with bellowing laughter. Between gasps, sighs, cackles and guffaws, the original initiator of the conversation thanked me for my insight and assured me he was in a much better mood to deal with the rest of his lap around the loop.

Hey, it was the least I could do!!

5 comments:

dgfiskemt said...

;-D

nuff sed!

The Kid

Anonymous said...

Now that is ding-dang funny!!!!

John II said...

XD
Too funny, Terry.

Steve2.Net said...

loop de loop all the way around the poop until it all turns to goop ... heh ... I read to much about global warming.

doomytunes said...

That reminds of a time when there was some confusion of which lane was closed ahead in a construction zone. I got on the cb and said "Go forward, when you start to hit orange things...move over." Quite a few got a kick out of that. Good post.