Aug 2, 2009

Gone to The Dogs

I really don't have too much to contribute at this point. So, just a quick update because I am at work, and tired of driving at the moment.


I am back in Frankentruck. I should not tell you this because it makes Shadow worry about me, but I do not believe the new leveling valve fixed the problem. Truck is still way too sloppy...I will inquire about the shocks that were ordered but not mounted, when I return this week. This also means I am in the only seat that does not hurt my booty, legs, hips or knees AND, so far so good. Nine hundred miles into this trip and not an ounce of pain.

Okay, maybe I do have an one thing to contribute. I did something very nice for myself this weekend. And yes, I did this for me. I volunteered at the local pet shelter. Walking dogs, grooming, cleaning, whatever was needed. I had such a good time, and of course, they were glad to have me. I am looking forward to spending more time doing volunteer work. But, I could not believe some of the dogs who have been abandoned... There was a gorgeous 2 year old Alaskan Malamute. I would have taken her home in a heartbeat, had I been able. All the dogs, except 2 , had very lovely dispositions and temperaments. There was one adopted out while I was there. His name was Hiway, and he was found by a trucker on the side of the road a few weeks ago. He was also adopted by a trucker just after being walked and groomed by a trucker. No, I did not adopt him.. I bet he will make a good trucking dog, though!! LOL

So that about wraps it up. Heading to New England.....Oh yeah, and I did manage to get 2 good runs in this weekend, after last weeks tearful fiasco....What kind I say, sometimes I get a little emotional, I am after all, just a girl!! Run Terry Run.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it does every day. Shadow

Unknown said...

I was wondering how the volunteering had gone. Soooo happy that you had a great time.

If I could've I would have came home with a neglected pit bull from Laredo this week. She was a momma dog that had probably recently weaned a litter of pups. I'm pretty sure that she was being used as a puppy mill just without being caged. So very gentle, she wanted petting from me but Elsie's the one she wanted attention from. Kept rolling onto her back exposing her belly and was being oh so patient with Elsie.

Broke my heart with how starved she was (could see her vertebrae and ribs very clearly). Shared Elsie's food with her but that was all I could do, Laredo animal shelter would've just put her down.

Love Bears All Things said...

What a wonderful thing you're doing, volunteering at the Animal Shelter. Doesn't it make you feel good to do something like that. And getting to love on those pets when you can't have one of your own is good for you. Sorry about the truck problems but glad you're free of pain.
Mama Bear

The Wondering Brit said...

Volunteering at a pet shelter?
Isn't that what over paid, out of work celebs do?

You silently going all 'Hollywood' on us LT?

Indy said...

I won't be verbose as I usually am. I know - it is difficult for me but I will manage.

The time with those dogs will be a salve to your soul, is my guess, Terry. Above all, this is yet another demonstration of your inner beauty and compassion. Go girl.

Terry said...

TWB, how can I do anything silently, if you are broadcasting it...LOL

NO, I just wish I could have a pet, and I do have a few extra hours, so I thought I would er um, kill 2 birds with one stone.

The Wondering Brit said...

Yeah pets are good,but they can anchor you some what and there are some cool pets - though beavers can be troublesome so I've heard.
I digress, with ref. to spare time and killing two birds with one stone - would the purchase of a catapult be a bit more fun? lol
;-)

Terry said...

TWB, what a lovely idea! I dare say it would be a bit hard to hit one bird using a catapult, much less two! But the hours wasted trying....FUN!! I have heard the same about Beavers, so I am thinking that would not be advisable.

The Wondering Brit said...

LOL

A Truckerz Wife said...

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to read my lil ole blog.. I stopped by and through your blog found some others too.

Keep up the great work Terry!