May 8, 2008

Where's Waldo?

A funny thing happened on the way out of town last week...


I lost my sense of global positioning. While driving down the road which leads to all points northeast, I was suddenly unable to discern just where exactly I was at. I am on this stretch of road for 7.2 miles. It takes me from the plant, to the interstate. I drive it twice a week. I have driven it over 500 times. Yet, I had no idea where I was at.


Once I got into Atlanta, I was unable to comprehend my lane positioning..... I had to ask the other NorthEast driver to lead me through town, so I could follow his trailer and maintain lane position.... I wanted to desperately turn around and head home! AA ( the other driver) stated that I was driving normally, but I felt I was all over the highway, weaving into the other lanes. He said I was maintaining a straight course as is usual for me. He did mention I was proceeding slower than is normal for my lead foot.


After about an hour of my delusions of (not so) grandeur, I finally came to my senses.


It seems that it is not conducive to your mental health and driving capabilities to inhale large amounts of exhaust in a short period of time. Yes, I have an exhaust leak. I can't find it while idling, but it is very noticeable when I am peddling down the road.


My little Truck is at the ATL Volvo shop waiting to be checked out. I hope they can find it!! I have had major headaches for a month and noticed just recently that my eyes were dry and irritated whenever I am in the truck. I have been extremely edgy recently too.. Even though motorists are typically more careless in the spring, I have never wanted to deliberately run someone off the road, which I have been considering lately. I have also had extreme difficulty waking up while sleeping in the truck... I just thought it was stress.... Turns out my anxiety is a direct result of breathing large amounts of carcinogens four days a week.


Anyhoo, I am very thankful that AA was there to guide me out of town, and although it gets a bit breezy at times, I have become accustomed to riding down the road with both windows open for the time being......


I hope my little Truck comes home soon!!


2 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

How scary! I'm glad you made it safely!

Terry said...

Thanks Girl!! The really screwed up part is that AA told me I was driving great.... I just knew I was behaving badly... And to lose your bearings is absolutely not fun at all!!