May 26, 2008

A Special Thank You

Ahhhh, Memorial Day.


First long weekend to kick off the beginning of those long hot summer months. Sitting by the pool, grilling with friends and taking a day off from work.


But let's not forgot the true meaning of the day. To give Thanks and Remember all those who have served this country.


Thank You


So, I spent some time this morning commenting on a few military blogs and saying thanks to those strangers who give time and lives to protect us here at home. I would love to be one of those people who greets the military personnel when they return home at the end of their deployment. I would also love to be a penpal to those who are living on foreign soil protecting us from evil. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I might become a military penpal, please enlighten me! Afterall, it is the LEAST I can do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doc said anywhere from 6-8 weeks, so June 13th will be the earliest that I can be released back to work. I'm actually looking forward to getting back but dreading whatever p.o.s truck they try to put me in. Hubby is scheduled to be in Huntsville in the a.m.

~~Lily~~ said...

Hope you have a safe & happy Memorial Day

Terry said...

Gabrielle, my family resides in Huntsville and I was there all weekend :)... As far as the p.o.s. truck goes, well I only fear the bigger POS I could drive if ever mine fails me!

Thanks Lily, hopes yours is pleasant and safe as well!