May 2, 2008

Pardon Me, While I burst

into flames... I've had enough of this world and it's people's mindless games*


Really Now!

On my way to Bama for a quick weekend visit to see family, I was privileged to witness this particular incidence. Ironic, because not two hours before, I had posted on making illegal U-turns on the Interstate...

While traveling through a construction zone rated for 60 mph, a pick-up begins to pass me on the left. Just as he gets about 100 feet in front of me, he brakes hard and makes a left turn into the median. At first, I thought he might have been a construction vehicle, but as I continued to watch his progress, I noticed the item in the bed of his truck jumping around as he crossed the bumpy terrain. Once at the far side of the median, he then swings hard to the left again and reenters the roadway with minimal time to spare before colliding with eastbound traffic. The item in the bed of the truck was one of those vinyl siding cutters, molders (whatever).. Anyways, it is about 12 foot long and completely unsecured (not too mention it had nothing to do with road construction so he was not 'authorized' to make the u-turn) As he made the second left turn his equipment swings wildly out of the bed of the truck and flies into the side of a Big Rig, but only moments before the car behind him ran over it, surely causing an enormous amount of damage. Traffic stopped, but it looked like the driver of the pick-up did not even know he lost his cargo, and he just kept going.....

I wish my brother had witnessed this.......... sigh

*lyrics to 'Pardon Me', by Incubus

3 comments:

Liöüx said...

OMG!!!

Good lyrics choice. I heart Incubus®™©™.

You encounter a lot of jerkfaces while driiving, don't you?

Unknown said...

You know, THAT is exactly why we have siblings. So that THEY are the knuckleheads, not us!

Terry said...

Me too, Lioux!! and yes, with the amount of driving I do , it is inevitable that I am surrouded by idiots!!

Ha ha, Cece!! I have often called highway patrol and reported people!! I believe the last one was the two guys tossing out beer cans while swerving doing the interstate!

And as you are well aware iMike, big brother has just about always been a knucklehead!!