May 18, 2008

I Pity The Fool.....


Yes, we are in a recession, but remember The Alum Co thrives on natural disaster. With no major hurricanes in the recent past, we are definitely experiencing more of a decline than other industries.

With freight slowing into Florida, JH (whom I will now refer to as Mr. T, because he IS an angry black man) normally grabs the Philly-Jersey route if only for a week or two. Last time, he damaged his truck by running into a toll booth. Millions of drivers pass through these booths daily...Why he couldn't is a mystery to me. He has been driving 20 years. But I digress......

So when Mr. T takes that route, it's regular driver, AA, opts to run my beloved New England run. I do not begrudge him of this, AA that is.

Word on the street is that Mr. T has been banned from Florida, for behaving like a belligerent idiot to one of our top accounts. With that in mind, I may not see NE for awhile..

Here's hoping he will piss someone else off, and soon!! He has received warning that if he is called in on one more time, he is gone (like a freight train), fired, terminated....Adios!!

The bright side to this tale is that with my touring of the Southern States this week, I will promptly land at my Father's House on Monday evening.. Just in time to celebrate my birthday. Woot Woot!! My Sil and Nephews will be joining us for dinner out on the town!!!

No comments: