May 26, 2008

Happy 26th Birthday


Last week my niece discovered just how old I really am and it disturbed her. "It just can't be!" she exclaimed. So it was decided that I am unofficially 26 this year.


Last Monday was my , ummm, 26th birthday and it worked out very nicely for me. I was on a short run through Alabama so I got to stop in at Dad's house and have dinner with my SIL and two nephews. They bought me a T-Shirt with the caption " I am not SHORT, I am Fun-Sized!!"


How True!


My mother sent me a box of Bath and Body Works goodies!! Yummy, and my Dad bought me some books on one of my wish lists!! Score!! My other SIL, knowing how much I love candles, bought me a collection of Yankee Candles. And to finish the week out, there was a family gathering at my Mothers' to celebrate all of the May Birthdays...


I purchased an MP3 player for my nephew, and I fear we have created a monster... He was delighted with it, as it is his first, and could be heard singing U2 for several hours on end. Not to mention the brownie points I scored with him!


Yes, I missed my beloved New England route, but as an alternate course, the Bama run worked out quite nicely...


I am doing it again this week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday!!

Nieces and nephews are awesome, love mine to pieces.

You'll notice that when I listed kayaking as a hobby I didn't specify whitewater kayaking. I'm strictly a calm water woman. It is fun except when we're trying to go fast then I'm usually paddling in circles cussing my husband out 'cause he has a better kayak that tracks straight when you're really digging in with the paddle.

~~Lily~~ said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday with all your family.. I love Bath & Body Works & oh Yankee Candles are the best that is the one thing I miss about being back east was the Yankee Candle place

Terry said...

Gabs, you are still my hero, paddling in dizzy circles or not. I love that you are such an active Trucker!! There are so many who completely let themselves go and mold themselves into the stereotype

Yes Lily, I scored big time!! Hooray!! The best part was spending the weekend with my Brother's family....

maddie said...

i am hanging my head in shame that i missed your birthday. :( i am so, so sorry!