Aug 29, 2009

Third Time IS The Charm

TGIF..... Yeah, I know it is Saturday, but Friday is the day that I get my customary phone call relaying the condition of Frankentruck. Whether he is ready to roll, or to be confined to the infirmary.


"So, do you want the good news, or the bad news?"

Hmmmm, well, might as well get this over with. I asked for the good news. The exhaust leak that is roasting my floor has been identified and repaired.

The bad news, I have developed a new coolant leak....AND

drum roll please......

The shop has no clue why my Air Conditioning will not blow cold air. Multiple components have been replaced. It is fully charged and the lines have been checked. Therefore, they are going to send it to our Atlanta Shop....

That means.....I will head into work here in a few hours to swap out of my truck. I will be placed into a Tennessee truck that just had some injectors replaced. After I make my deliveries, I will be heading to our Tennessee plant to return the borrowed truck. At this point, I will jump into a Georgia truck (the one borrowed from us, so the injectors could be replaced in the TN truck) I will bring the Georgia truck home and then HOPEFULLY get my little Frankie back, complete with a/c. I hope.

Yep, I sure hope the third time is the charm...or at least the 34th time....That is how many times I have jumped from truck to truck during the past 2 years... 32, 33, and 34 to happen this week.

9 comments:

John II said...

Hello Terry,
Been there and done that, Hellcat. Since I have a CDL Class A, I've been told to jump into a truck, drive it and go to work regardless if it's a piece of rolling garbage or not. For you, it's moving all your personal stuff in and out of a truck multiple times and it sucks. (I'm surprised the aluminum company didn't take advantage of the "Cash For Clunkers" program. You could've been driving a fancy new rig.) Well, look on the bright side: YOU'RE NOT DRIVING MAGGIE!!! Have a safe trip.
~John
P.S. Smile and wear that T-shirt proudly while going through South Carolina. :D

The Wondering Brit said...

Hi Terry,

Just a thought, (thinking out loud actually) where was the exhaust blowing in relation to the Air-Con heat exchanger? Because A/C to have cool air to dissipate the trough put of it's own heat - a bit like the heater element that runs up the back of a kitchen fridge - it only works while the room is cooler that the actual heater. That said, the coolant should then counteract that - I shall go and read up...

doomytunes said...

When the air went out on my Volvo the dealership had to literally take apart the whole dash and checked every wire known to them. Eight hours later they had it fixed but never really explained what the issue was beyond the wiring.

GoGo said...

Fix your dumb truck and come to Seattle already

Jason S Harry said...

One thing is for sure- I'm not letting my Volvo hang around with your Volvo, could be contagious!

Unknown said...

Where oh where has our Terry gone?!? Miss you! You've got my number, text me.

Gabby

John II said...

Ya know, Gabstrucker, I got an idea that might get her attention. (Iminating taunting chat from the movie The Warriors)
"LIL' TRUCKER, COME OUT TO PLA-AY!"
"LIL' TRUCKER, COME OUT TO PLA-AY!"
"LIL' TRUCKER, COME OUT TO PLA-AY!"
"LIL' TRUCKER, COME OUT TO PLA-AY!"

Unknown said...

Ha! John II, I think y'all have pushed her over the cliff with the pink south Carolina shirt......

simstick said...

Where you at girl? Hope all is well.