Aug 14, 2009

Because I'm Worth It

I had a very lovely surprise fall into my lap today. Well, I actually knew about it yesterday, but did not know the details.


I was issued a cryptic message, " Be at this address, at this time!! or else!!"

Okay, maybe it was not quite so foreboding.In fact, it was a actually a gift from a friend. I spent two luxurious hours at a local day spa. Something I have never done for myself. I was treated to a 20 minute soak in a hydrotheraputic mud bath. Oh boy, when those jets hit my shoulders, it was bliss. Next I was pampered with an hour long full body massage.

I could get use to this!!

Everything was taken care of and all I had to do was relax. It was the nicest gesture I have received in a very long time. No strings attached, just because......

It was so enjoyable, in fact, that I intend to make regular visits. The lady who was working on me discovered some very intense knots around my shoulder blades, and I nearly jumped off the table when she began to work on them. I think after another dozen visits ( now, I am just getting greedy) I could get all those kinks worked out.

Thanks Shadow!!

10 comments:

The Wondering Brit said...

Nice one!
I can believe that stuff can very well become addictive - but then, what is wrong with a little addiction in life...Enjoy!

John II said...

What's up, Hellcat?
I figured those massages would come in handy. Now you'll never have any more pain throughout your body.

Indy said...

You are ............ and I'm glad someone recognised it!

Keep it safe, Hellcat

Unknown said...

Sounds absolutely divine!!!!!!!!

Terry said...

TWB, I agree, nothing wrong with a little addiction. I am hoping to return soon!!

John, LOL, Yeah, I bought one of those massagers, but it was difficult to operate. So my friend purchased the real thing for me!!

Indy, Thank you, I am sure people would be more than willing to do nice things for you, if you would reveal your location... :)

Gabby, it was marvelous and the women inadvertantly gave me a compliment. She asked if I did any running because my gluts were sooooo tight!! LOL..At least someone has noticed my athletic progress....

doomytunes said...

Remember to drink a lot of water after the massages to help rid the body of toxins that were loosened up. I am way over due for my massage therapy. I have a certificate ready just haven't had the chance yet.

Unknown said...

woo-hoo on the runner compliment!!! I've been seriously considering finding a sports specific massage therapist esp. since my mileage is ramping up.

Hope your week is good and non-stressful.

Terry said...

Doomytunes, I dont know why I have never done this before... You are a wise man, but you need to put that certificate to good use, or let your wife go!!

Gab, the nice thing about this location is that they had varying degrees of massage, and a sports specific treatment, but I was advised to start with a less aggressive method until I was used to it.

Anonymous said...

Some people just deserve to be spoiled rotten. Just look at Tinkerbell worked all the time and had to put up with all the lost boys. You needed it and deserved to spoiled and pampered as much as possible.

Terry said...

Well, yes Peter Pan, I suppose you are right!! Poor Ol Tink !!