Aug 17, 2009

Today's Hot Topic

This post actually starts on the previous Saturday, but with all those ecstatic emotions of wondrous events, I forgot to include this. And , well, I did want to publish at least one Truckin Post that did not include whining, crying, or feelings of hopelessness.


You see, when I arrived at the plant to head out on this week's journey, the FIRST thing I noticed was this.....


That, my friends, is the exhaust collection pipe from the front of my engine. My first reaction was dismay, because I found it laying under the front edge of my hood. My first thought, "Oh no, something has fallen off of my truck." and yes, I would not doubt something falling off on its own. I pulled the hood and saw that the part laying on the ground was the original, and a replacement part had been installed. Obviously it fell to the ground during the job and the mechanic forgot to retrieve it. No worries!!

BUT.....I am wondering if when the part fell to the ground, could it have possibly done some damage to other necessary components. The AC components, for example. That's right, boys and girls. I have NO TRACTOR Air Conditioning this week. I do have my handy dandy all in one Tripac unit with climate control, so I am good as long as the motor is turned off. But during business hours all I have is a 2/68 unit. And that makes for not only a very hot little trucker, but also leaves my hair looking Marge Simpson. I also noticed that I have NO insulation under the truck cab, and the sleeper floor is extremely hot after several hours of driving. Almost too hot to stand on.


You know, I am beginning to think ol Frankentruck is just an Attention Whore, and I have given him more than 15 minutes of fame.

One last thing.......



I am definitely stylin and profilin this week...

7 comments:

John II said...

Oh boy, and just think, things were going so well for you. :(
All right, what's the name of the spa you went to last Friday? You're going to need another two hours to forget the A/C problem.

Anonymous said...

Ah, you did...

Indy said...

Poor little darlin'. I wish we could have words to help, but .........

I think you must have killed a Bidelonian and his luck has attached itself to you!

simstick said...

A lot of companies running the Volvo/Mack's have gone out of business. I have been watching the last few years and they are plagued with all kinds of problems. It won't end. Sorry.

Terry said...

Oh John II, Things are always going well for me. It is a matter of perception!

TWB, Now did you really think I would let you down. I have other NEW Frankentruck issues, one thing we can always count on, I just have not gotten around to posting them yet!

Yeah Indy, not sure why my luck seems to be so terrible, been that way pretty much all my life, but it is rather funny! I am just thankful for my lovely disposition, otherwise, I would be in a padded cell by now!!

Flatdeck, Often my rantings appear much worse on "paper" than they do in the real world. I am not happy with the Volvo, just waiting it out, but because the Company owns a Volvo dealership, I dont think I will be getting a Peterbilt anytime soon!!

The Wondering Brit said...

You most certainly didn't ;-)

Have you use the phrase "Well, it just came off in my hand" yet?

Must remember to get you a hammer and six inch nails before winter sets in - you know, for the tires - both for grip and to hold them on. LOL
I shouldn't dig, I had a complete Engine management failure, total EBS failure and by the time I'd got across our yard to the garage - the rear brakes were glowing. Only travelled about 1200 yrds.

Terry said...

TWB Well, I do carry the necessary repair items for such events, like tape, glue, and wire... never thought about the nails..Hmm, sounds like excellent traction control....And, the cows have my hammer, so I will have to invest in another one of those.