Aug 17, 2009

Oh Happy Day !!

It is about time, but I think my truckin luck has finally turned around.


After spending a fabulous Friday getting pampered, I made a quick visit to see my nephew and help celebrate his birthday.

Did I mention that I also swapped out my mattress? In conjunction with getting the alternate seat in the truck, I seem to have eliminated ALL sources of pain. No more back, leg, knee, sciatic, swelling, numbness. All of it gone without so much as a trace.

On Saturday, I decided to leave out early to meet up with a friend. When I got to the yard, I inspected Frankentruck and noticed that he had a new set of shocks all the way around! But I also noticed that there were new airlines running from the valves to the bags !! I made my way through a very ferocious storm in South Carolina, and it did not take me long to realize that the truck was no longer slipping and sliding around. I went through several storms that day and never broke traction one single time. I am happy that I have the new shocks, but honestly I don't think they were the answer. I had mentioned checking the lines for debris, and waaalaaaaa, I got new lines. I think that is what solved the problem, whether it was debris or just crimped, I am not concerned. It is finally repaired.

So, I left out Saturday to meet up with a friend, as I said before. Someone I do not often get to see, so that was a nice distraction.

As for today, I am running a different route, so I do not have the hectic pace of the New England run bearing down on me. I was finished with deliveries at 12:30 and will not resume them until 8:00am tomorrow. With only 200 miles between stops, I have managed to enjoy a quiet afternoon reflecting on the wonderful weekend, the wonderful repairs and the wonderful lack of tension I feel in my shoulders.

Watch Out. I am on the verge of once again becoming irritatingly happy!!

6 comments:

John II said...

Let me say congratulations to you, Terry.
No more back problems,
No more leg swellings,
No more knee problems,
No more sciatic (whatever that is),
No more problems with the truck,
No more bad shoes hurting your feet and legs when you're out running,
Yes, good things happen to good people. :D

Terry said...

Whoops! I suppose I did not finish that thought. Sciatic....I was having an ungodly amount of pressure applied to my sciatic nerve, which runs the length of the leg, starting in the lower back and can be extremely painful!

Isn't is great JohnII, the tides have turned for the better!!

Anonymous said...

Bugger!
Don't do it - break something!
LOL

AtHomeDaddy said...

Now go out and treat yourself to a nice SACK LUNCH!

Terry said...

TWB....You know better!!

iMike, I do not think Sack Lunches are in season during the summer months......

Gary said...

and, no, i didn't read this post before the last one i commented on. i'm just that good...