Aug 21, 2009

The Lesser of Two Evils

I just received a phone call from Moe (repair shop supervisor) as in Moe, Larry and Curly. I was informed that they had found the drainage problem and assured me that my floors would no longer be soaking wet. That is wonderful news, because there is nothing worse than putting on a clean pair of socks, only to have them get wet almost immediately. However, the smell factor being eliminated does not hurt my feelings either!!


The bad news...oh yeah, there always seems to be bad news now doesn't there? After replacing the compressor on my air conditioner, it was deemed that this was not my only problem. The compressor was not working, so it was immediately replaced, but something else is awry. After searching high and low, the parts needed to fix the secondary predicament were not to be found. An order has been placed and the parts should be in next Monday or Tuesday.

But here is the dilemma. I was told I could take the spare truck, but I declined almost immediately. Yes, I did make an executive decision to ride around in New England next week with no air conditioning. Am I crazy? NO!! You may remember the small amount of complaining I have done recently about how my legs and back were screaming bloody murder. Well, the only spare truck we have available is Maggie, and she is the current vessel that houses Frankentruck's old captain's chair. I would much rather be a little moist, than to suffer the set back that would so obviously befall me if I chose to ride around in the devil's seat. My legs and back are finally back to normal, and the pain with that chair would begin within 100 miles. So, NO, I will not be commiserating with Maggie next week. Yes, I will probably be a little irritable, but that is my final decision. After all, I can tolerate a little heat better than I can endure even more leg issues.


6 comments:

John II said...

Hell no, in Maggie I won't go!
Hell no, in Maggie I won't go!
Hell no, in Maggie I won't go!
At least take a plug-in fan with you. It may not make your truck an igloo but it'll give you some relief from the heat. (Nice photo of you glistening) Oh yeah, a spray bottle with water works wonder, too.

doomytunes said...

I wondered why you were talking about your carpet being wet. I thought you just had AC issues.

Unknown said...

Be sure and hydrate extremely well. Don't need you dehydrated along with being baked--umm, I'm hungry, can ya tell?! Food on the brain.

John II said...

What you need is Manny, Moe, and Jack fixing Frankentruck, not this at the garage:
Curly-"Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop, nuck-nuck-nuck!"
Larry-"Hey Curly, what's this thing?"
Curly-"Hmmmm. Why this thing makes and blows cold air!" (Imitating wind noises and singing) "La-da-dee-da-da-da!"
Moe-(goes to Larry and Curly and slap both of them in the face) "Quiet, Numbskulls! Now get this thing up and running in tip-top shape before that dame with the trucker's butt shows up and complains to the boss about our handywork."
Curly-(starts barking at Moe)"Grrrr, ruff-ruff!"
Moe-(slaps Curly's face again) "Now!" (Grabs Larry by the ear and leads him to the engine) "You get in there and fix it!"
Larry-"Awwwww!"

dgfiskemt said...

I'm telling ya, Trucker, ditch the Volvo's!!!

;-)

Ride safe!
The Kid

Terry said...

John II, I was finally told that I am not the only one who thinks little miss Maggie has major problems. She still has the original exhaust leaks as well, but with no one driving her except for a few days at a time, I wouldnt really expect temporary employees to write her up anyways!

Doomy, yeah, the tripac was draining into my floor. YUCK! And I also have an exhaust problem, with the hot exhaust blowing directly underneath the floor. I actually burned my foot stepping into the sleeper. ( the metal strip that holds down the carpet is like molten lava).....sigh

Gab, plenty of water for this trip. I do feel like my legs have been slow roasting. Hopefully this has been solved by now! They have had the truck back for 2 days.

John II.......HILARIOUS!!

Kid, if only we could.