Sep 26, 2007

What Is Wrong With People ??

Sometimes people simply amaze me, and not necessarily in a good way.

Upon arriving back at the plant this evening, I was a bit dismayed to find out that one of my favorite security guards was in the hospital.

He had to be rushed into surgery, I believe to have have 3 disks removed? from his back. Still not sure of all the details, but I do know he will be in rehab for a long time. He was in horrible pain, had an MRI performed and went straight into surgery.

Thankfully, Sam was working tonight and filled me in on what he knew. Then we called the hospital and I spoke with Albert. He told me that once he has recovered from the surgery, he will have to retrain himself to be able to walk.

Albert is probably in his mid sixties and one of the sweetest black men you will ever meet. I have known Albert for over five years and enjoy chatting with him over a cup of coffee each week.

What upsets me about this situation, is that Albert was rushed to the hospital 10 DAYS AGO... I had asked Sam where Albert had been hiding, thinking he might be on vacation. That is when Sam filled me in...

10 DAYS AGO.. Why has no one mentioned this to me.... No other guards have said a word about this.... no drivers..... no alum co. employees!!! NO ONE...

So, tomorrow morning I will be in search of a nice little Get Well gift and on my way to the hospital to see Albert.... He will then be transferred to a rehabilitation center in Warm Springs Georgia...

I will definitely have to clear my calendar to make the trip to Warm Springs on several occasions in the next few weeks/months... About an hour away... But I just love him!!

I am sooooo upset that I was not told....... Ughhhhhh ! People Suck

1 comment:

Terry said...

He will be fine eventually, but with his age, I don't think he will come back to work....