Sep 19, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Psycho

THE GOOD
It seems that things might be turning around for me... Yes, I am still in the loaner truck, but I did convince the mechanic to replace the fuel filters before I left.. Wooooo hooooo... I am back in business...... Able to climb small mountains with only moderate loss of speed.

My load was very light and I was able to get unloaded quickly.. And yes, I am back home on a Wednesday AFTERNOON....Not bad, if you ask me... I left out Sunday morning, delivered 1 Jersey, 3 Long Island, Queens, Bronx, and 3 Massachusetts and am back at the crib in less than 76 hours...

My BossMan called me on Monday to tell me that he was on his way to pick up Maggie and bring her home.... He wanted to make sure I had no other complaints... Are you kidding me...He took the time to venture into Atlanta and bring Maggie home.. OMG, I love you !!!! Now I don't have to arrange for someone to take me to get her!! Woooo Hooooo!!

THE BAD
Nothing to report here...

and .....

THE PSYCHO

What an adventure.. On my way out of Connecticut, I ran across another trucker who was empty and heading my way.. We began to chat it up and he was very respectful and funny (I always appreciate the respect, as so many truckers are not respectful to me!!)

We cruised past all the other truckers (who were loaded heavy) and were making pretty good time.

Then it happens.....

On the downhill roll (loaded trucks gain alot of momentum going downhill), one particular trucker is making a mad dash towards the bottom when he slams on his brakes. He was right beside me and weaving all over the interstate. The people who were following him had to scatter to avoid a collision.. UH NOT COOL.... DUMBASS!! He nearly took out the guard rail trying to get a look at me... After a few other truckers make comments over the CB Radio, dumbass decides to roll on.... Of course, on the next ascent, me and my traveling buddy pass him again... Still all over the road, his lane, in my lane , on the shoulder, in the grass!!!! DUDE.....NOT COOL!!!!

After several miles he manages to catch us again.... This time we let him pass in a hurry, but once he was in front of us he began to weave from one lane to the other, literally driving down the center dotted line...At 45MPH..... We ( the respectful trucker I was chatting with ) decide to exit the interstate and let him disappear into the sunset, hopefully avoiding any further confrontations.... After getting a cup of coffee, we decide it might be safe enough to continue on..

Well, coffee runs right thru me, so in just a little bit I need to use the rest area bathroom, and Nice Trucker follows me into the rest area... just to be safe. There is only one parking spot available, so he parks on the exit ramp and waits on me..

When I come out of the bathroom, guess who is parked RIGHT BESIDE ME.... In the middle of the driveway.. blocking the road.... You should have seen this guy.. Well, I noticed the truck as soon as I left the building, so I made my way to my truck via a detour around several other vehicles and sneaked back into my cab.. But he noticed me... Thank God, I was safely in my cab at this point..

He had that CRAZY look in his eyes... I bet he only had three teeth, and looked like he was drooling!

I did manage to pull out and Nice Trucker followed me... Of Course, Psycho Trucker was right on our tail.. Every time he tried to catch me, Nice Trucker would jump in the left lane and cut him off.... This went on until we reached the big hills... We eventually were able to outrun him...

HOLY COW!! What an experience.. We got quite a laugh out of the whole ordeal, once it was over...

I am Thankful that I meet Nice Trucker that day... Cuz, I really had to pee and would not have been able to stop with that Psycho following me. And although it was just a loaner truck, I really did not want to pee on myself!!!

3 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

That's crazy! I'm glad you made it safely!

Mike said...

Glad you did not have to make the loaner truck sad by leaving her a wet mess.

Terry said...

Thanks Cece....

And Mike, it had nothing to do with the loaner truck... That stinkin truck has gotten the best of me for the last time!! Maybe I will go back and pee on it, just because!!