Sep 8, 2007

36 Hour Recap

Boy, did last week ever wear me out..

With only 36 hours to recover, I decided to have some much needed quiet time for myself. My darling friend sent me some books, so I spent part of the day curled up reading. I also managed to get some much needed shopping out of the way... I had a birthday gift to send out west and had such a wonderful time getting it ready. I love shopping for others, even if I don't get to see their reaction, it just makes me feel so warm inside, knowing I will put a smile on their face.

I also ran another 5 miles tonight, which was very relaxing and helped me to de-stress quite a bit. That simply amazes me. When I start my run, it is a very physical act, but about 2 miles into it, it turns into something completely different. I really get into it and stress simply melts away. I did not want to stop, but with the darkness approaching I had to call it a night. Besides, the spiders were getting tired of replacing their webs. My first 8 laps were in the daylight, but as dusk rapidly approached, the spiders got busy and I managed to run through at least ten webs. Hope I didn't bring any of these guys home with me...

Well, not much of a recap but anyhoo... Still working on my Karma...... But I feel really good about life right now. And I get to see the Bri-Baby next week... Maybe that is why I am soooo happy. Take Care .....

4 comments:

maddie said...

you are my hero. i have not run in so long. it's still really hot out...okay, so that's not an excuse. but um...yeah. :-)

Sally said...

"the first 8 laps" you said...go you! I don't think I'd make it through the first 1 lap! =)

Terry said...

Of course, Shell, that is an excellent excuse!! But you can only use it for soooooo long!!

Each lap is 1/2 mile, Sally

lioux said...

Wow!!!