Sep 26, 2007

C.S.I New Jersey

Normally, I leave out every Sunday morning for my weekly excursion to points unknown...

Well, okay, so I do go to the same places every week. Normally, I have no safety concerns with most of my delivery destinations. There are a few places I know better than to camp out at night, but most of them are better than moderately safe.


For example, Elizabeth, New Jersey.. In five years, I have never had any reason to fear sleeping in the parking lot of our customer located in Elizabeth...

This week, I came rolling into Elizabeth around midnight and noticed a "BobTail" Truck parked in my camping spot. I assumed his trailer must be locked in the warehouse and he was just camping out himself. So, I decided to park on the other end of the warehouse, so as not to disturb him, at least until 7AM.

I arose at 6:30 and the Truck was still there. No sign of the driver having awakened himself. I give him another 15 minutes, but then need to get my trailer prepared for unloading.. At 6:45 I drive over to the location. I intend to knock on his door and request he move so I can get ready.

That is when I notice that 5 of his tires are flat

The bumper is missing

The grill smashed in

The airlines yanked out of the back of the cab

The passenger side window is busted out

and so on and so forth

By this time, the warehouse is open and the supervisor comes out to inspect the abandoned truck. The doors where unlocked, so he climbs aboard. He rapidly exited the truck and made a quick phone call to the local authorities....

Let's just say something VERY BAD happened inside that truck, and I doubt the driver lived to tell about it. The supervisor thought it might have been a drug deal gone bad, because he saw paraphernalia in the truck.... Who Knows...

I do know that whatever did happen... it did not happen in that parking lot.... There was no glass on the ground around that site....

But rest assured, I will no longer be sleeping in Elizabeth, New Jersey....

And YES, Rick, I did leave out other assorted details so you would not have to envision them if you happen to read this post!!

5 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

HOly crap! I think I'd be having nightmares for a long time afterward.

Terry said...

Lucky for me, this stuff does not leave vivid imprints on me.. I have seen more than my share of morbid scenes.

Love Bears All Things said...

Like your post script!
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Oh Mama Bear, you should have seen Rick react when he saw my thumb...You would have thought he witnessed the accident as it was happening... Some people just have very vivid imaginations!!

Anonymous said...

i once had to pick up one of our trucks from police impound after the driver had been shot and killed in it...i will never forget the inside of that truck.