Sep 26, 2007

It Has Been Nice Knowing Ya!!....

I was so excited when Maggie came home last week. You see, I got her 5 weeks ago. Drove her one week and then she went into the maintenance shop for three. Before that, we had the whole Trucking Company transition which placed me into a rental truck until Maggie arrived. Long story short, I have had to move my gear in and out of 4 different Trucks, 6 different times in a matter of 7 weeks....

This is getting old.

My dining area and the trunk of my car have been being used as a storage area for all of my Truckin' Supplies. I am tired of looking at this stuff. I would love to be able to just load up a Truck and be done with it! Clean out my dining room and trunk, and get on to truckin.

BUT NOOOOOOO

The entire three week period that Maggie was in the shop was useless.. She was returned to me in no better shape than I sent her away in.... I honestly believe they just topped off her fluids and said she was repaired.

I had to add at least a gallon of water to the radiator every day this week... There is a nice little sensor in her that lets me know when the coolant level is low.... The Truck will actually shut itself off with very little warning when the level is too low.... That makes for a wonderful adventure.. Imagine cruising down the road at 67mph (her governed speed) when out of the blue, the engine shuts off resulting in a loss of power steering... Do you even remember vehicles with no power steering? Well, let me tell you, it takes a lot of muscle to steer a Big Truck with no power steering. And then there is the added bonus of not having a place to pull safely out of the way.. Such as a two-lane highway with no shoulder, or in the middle of an intersection while making a hard left turn... Ughhhhhhh.... Another issue that completely baffles me is that Maggie's coolant reservoir is mounted at a slight angle... There is absolutely no way to top her off to the the required level without sitting on a sloping surface... And it has to be slopping down to the left. Otherwise the fluid will not fill the left side of the tank... Which is where the $#*&ing sensor is located!!

Also her rear chunk is still slinging "dope"... The entire belly of the trailer was once again coated in a greasy smear, along with everything behind the rear axle!

So, do you want the good news or the bad news??

Okay, the bad news is that Maggie will have to find a new home!

The Good? news is that two of our other drivers are transferring to a different facility... Neither of their trucks has had a single occurrence of the negative mechanical kind... I will be taking up residence in one of those trucks at the end of the week.

BONUS news... I have to work Friday, which means I get to swap Trucks tomorrow, but not into my new one. I don't get that one until Saturday.... So that makes it 6 TRUCKS, 8 TIMES, in 7 WEEKS....

This is really getting old!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good riddance Maggie, and don't even THINK about a return trip to Texas.

We have enough Mexican trucks around here now, causing havoc.

Terry said...

I totally forgot about the Mexican Truck invasion... How s that working for you? I can't say that I have noticed any yet...

Love Bears All Things said...

If it weren't for bad luck...
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Mama Bear, I did purchase a $2 scratch off lottery ticket and won $7.. So it ain't all bad. :)